Increasing insulation around Truma unit? (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
I wondered if anyone had performed this?

My unit is under the kitchen sink. In the summer, when using it for hot water, you can feel the heat coming out from the local area.

Opening up the cupboard, it really is quite warm around the unit -not a problem in the winter, but wasteful in warmer times.

If I look to fit, say a simple extra lagging jacket around the Truma. Making sure that the air intake for the blown air fan isn't restricted, heat loss to the Hab would be reduced, hot water would be hot for longer.

Anyone done this?

Any issues you can think off?

- possibly the Truma electronics would get hotter, has there would be less air convection from around the unit.

Thanks in advance.

Ismbardbrunel

Free Member
Feb 21, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Rapido 963F
Exp
Off and on for a few yrs
Sounds a good idea that should work, but be aware, you mentioned the electronics getting hotter, now what happens when a t.v. gets warm,over time,the soldered joints can crack, known as a dry joint.....then faults appear....not worth it i think...

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
You saying it's wasteful, do you think by lagging the boiler you will get more heat out of the vents? I don't think you will.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
If you are thinking of adding lagging to the air pipes, especially any that run under the van or into cold areas inside the van.

I can't see how that would not be a good idea.

Adding extra lagging to the boiler - personally not such a great idea. :xThumb:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I shaped some of the silver bubble stuff that goes behind radiators loosely around our boiler.
Didn’t put any on what is the outside facing the van wall.
Did this to stop the heat coming into the cupboard heating the condiments and my drink.
I also lagged the water pipes keeping the hot and cold separate :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back