increase in Fuel prices, an alternative. (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I suspect we are all totally peed off with rising fuel prices, so how many people have concidered going green and getting a horse drawn wagon?
Can the barreltop design be bettered? what do you recon, can we design a barreltop with lightweight slide outs and room for a decent holiday?

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the exhause will go straight into a methane digester to produce the gas for cooking, hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
What about ferries? I am unable to find any prices for horsedrawn carriages, does that mean that we cannot tour the continent? :cry-smile:

Edit: The same goes for the tunnel, no information about horsedrawn carriages there either.

Rasmus

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
will have to make enquiries, hee hee maybe horse/van swaps with someone over seas?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its a dream of mine to tour Ireland in a horse drawn wagon. If I won the lottery I would commission a carbon fibre gypsy Vardo, light enough to take a few solar panels and plenty of kit. A couple of "coloured" Welsh Cobs a ferry from Fishguard and a year drinking the black stuff, what a dream:Smile:

In reality I doubt it will happen, Sian would hate it:Sad:
220px-Romanichal_wagon.jpg

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Its a dream of mine to tour Ireland in a horse drawn wagon. If I won the lottery I would commission a carbon fibre gypsy Vardo, light enough to take a few solar panels and plenty of kit. A couple of "coloured" Welsh Cobs a ferry from Fishguard and a year drinking the black stuff, what a dream:Smile:

In reality I doubt it will happen, Sian would hate it:Sad:
220px-Romanichal_wagon.jpg

With loadsofmoney in you skyrocket it might all be different:winky::winky:

Rather than skintjim:Eeek:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I think that we could get a group of 4(or 6 ??) buffalo to tow a bogey with a fifth wheel coupling--------the bit I am concerned about is the price in French road tolls:cry::cry:------we could graze the power source in the motorway aires while we slept--------if we had some geese with us they could warn us of gas attacks---------I wonder if we could have a toad on an A frame ???:ROFLMAO:

Nigel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
will have to make enquiries, hee hee maybe horse/van swaps with someone over seas?

Don't look at me Rodger........much prefer to run on Michelins.....those steel tread on all four, well shod, not oar good on corners............

Over here in France....our Gaz oil / Diesel has just gone UP!!:Doh:
from 1.14/1.15...........to........1.19+ euros at supermarkets :Eeek::Angry:

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back