Incorrect 'gas Out' Alert (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Hi, we're touring Italy in our 2012 Swift Bolero 724FB, which has the Alde heating system. Our gas is supplied by an underslung refillable LPG tank. The heating works fine on electric and for a couple of weeks also worked on gas. Now though, the 'gas out' message flashes on the control panel, even though our gauge tells us we have 3/4 of a tank left and our fridge and burners work fine. I've been through the Swift manual and have checked the manifold switches are on, the exhaust is clear and all fuses are good. Can anyone suggest anything else please?

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Don't know if your Alde system is the same as ours on top of the boiler there is a black plastic cover it comes off there is a 12v fuse pull it out wait 5 secs put it back in this should reset it.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Strangely enough we're touring Italy as well and have a similar problem. Filled up with gas in Czech Republic and the fridge has failed a couple of times and just noticed the rings are burning yellow instead of blue. Reckon we've filled ip with some crappy gas top up tomorrow and hopefully dilute it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Copied from a post on another forum .....
"Logically it sounds to me that you have one of four possible faults.

1. Exhaust fan has stopped working.
  2. Flame failure device is faulty
  3. Temperature thermostat is out of tolerance, (faulty).
  4. Control circuit board fault.
Faults 1 to 3 will cause the solenoid to shut the gas off."

OP
OP
South_Wales_Lady
Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Deanroofing, I think you might have cracked it - checked under the black cover, there's two fuses there and one has definetly blown. Can't find a matching spare so will go looking tomorrow-fingers crossed and many thanks!

Joyce and Brian, useful info, thanks for that, if the fuse doesn't fix it then I'll revisit your post.

Forestboy - oh dear, we're new to refillable gas, didn't realise quality could vary. Something else to watch out for!

Thanks again all, will update after I've replaced the fuse

OP
OP
South_Wales_Lady
Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Well, changed the fuse and had fingers crossed as well but we still get the 'gas out' message and we've still got loads of gas left. Sounds like we'll have to put up with it until we get back, heyho.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back