Inappropriate (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not sure if it is me not using the new forum correctly, I chose so far to click on Forums then New Posts, does this include all posts?

I picked up on a couple of 'in my opinion' inappropriate posts earlier relating to Rolf Harris and his potential suicide, they seem to have disappeared from New Posts, but are still in U shaped lounge

Has somebody else at much higher level removed them from view, I do not want to exclude the posters as they probably have no idea how I and probably others might have taken the comments, but maybe if new posts did not cover U shaped lounge that might be safer for the sensitive, we could venture there when better prepared

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All posts seem to disappear when you have read them can't follow it

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Try "latest posts" instead of new posts - just above it. This then looks like the old style.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Has somebody else at much higher level removed them from view, I do not want to exclude the posters as they probably have no idea how I and probably others might have taken the comments

Please explain. Very nice of you not to want people excluded. Ta.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The "New Posts" option is just that. it only show posts that are either New since you last visited or you haven't viewed yet.

As soon as you view a thread or reply to a thread then that thread is no longer "New" to you and will leave the "New Posts" list.

If you want to go back to a thread that you have previously seen you will need to either look for it in the relevant forum or use the search facility.

I am not sure that it should work any other way or am I missing something?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Before we used to be able to choose the latest threads that had been added to - something like "latest posts", rather than entirely new threads. That way we could keep looking at popular threads without having to contribute something in order to subscribe.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Look at it like this. The New Post thread is individual to you-- posts new since your last visit.
Recent Posts are all posts made recently.
If you open Recent Posts and save that to screen/desktop you will always open latest threads.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am now confused. Last night when I posted my comment I only had a choice of "recent posts". This morning I have a choice of "recent posts" and "new posts".

And the "new post" thread has lots of posts (10 pages) going back long before my last visit, which was (sadly) at nearly midnight last night! So Hollyberry's description does not appear to be correct.

So can Jim or Gromett please explain what the difference is between new and recent posts.

What I am after is exactly as we had before, i.e. two or three pages of threads that have had the latest contributions in them.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm confused as well. Yesterday there was a Latest posts button which listed them in three sections, rallies, MH related and non-MH, just like the old forum. I liked this but it now seems to have vanished and all posts are just listed in chronological order. This is less useful for me.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I'm confused as well, I thought it was just me... I'd bookmarked the page yesterday, but today, not found.
Managing change is always difficult, but at this point in time, my issue list is not reducing.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I'm confused as well. Yesterday there was a Latest posts button which listed them in three sections, rallies, MH related and non-MH, just like the old forum. I liked this but it now seems to have vanished and all posts are just listed in chronological order. This is less useful for me.

I'm confused as well, I thought it was just me... I'd bookmarked the page yesterday, but today, not found.
Managing change is always difficult, but at this point in time, my issue list is not reducing.

It is back but moved next to new posts now in same menu

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
A pot of tea and some nice sun on a c&cc site and I think I've sorted my issues out, as usual, just a bit of patience needed. Thanks for the guidence.:Smile:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Got to admit, it's stumped me to. Cant see the need for both, or, (as usual), am I missing something besides a few bolts??

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For New and Recent; SeeBroken Link Removedfrom this morning

Yes I'd like the recent posts broken down in to rallies and off topic etc, like it was on the old site but the block I built yesterday had a time delay that made it useless. Please be patient, things will change a lot as we work things out. Thanks

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Yes I'd like the recent posts broken down in to rallies and off topic etc, like it was on the old site but the block I built yesterday had a time delay that made it useless. Please be patient, things will change a lot as we work things out. Thanks

Jim thanks for all the hard work. One more thing if I could ask please? I have had several helpful answers to a question I asked and want to thank the posters. How do I do that please. Can't find the thanks button on the post - all there is is a like button.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry, we won't be having a thanks button. Its not coded into the core forum functions. If a like isn't appropriate, answer the post and say thanks. Thanks.:)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I think we just have to give jim and co time to resolve the issues, am sure he's trying his best to get everthing to everyone's liking as quickly as possible but difficult if he keeps having to respond to everyone's queries let's not forget jim been at it now for 4 days and probably a lot more putting in a lot of hard work
Patience is required I think so he can give all his concentration and time to getting the site to everyone's liking

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Hah ! silly old farts, me, 74 year old can get it!(y)

Only thing I really Really miss the drop drawers smily so that I can make it clear to those England Rugby supporters, chris shiftZZ and the welsh team supporters eddie van bitz chaser the mogs tubbybird,jim my feelings when they discuss rugby:LOL:

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Oops please ignore

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back