(Inadvertent) Full-Timers........ (1 Viewer)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We’ve sold our house, and complete on the 20th of this month - hooray! However, we have yet to find a property to buy (we pulled-out of our previous purchase after a 72-page surveyor’s report detailing ‘issues’....), so we’ll be living in our Majestic 120 with our four dogs for the next few weeks or months. Watch this space for updates!
(y)

Andy, Jac, Taz, Mylo, Wendy & Jacko........

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck there are quite a few Funsters who live full time in their MH !!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Puts you in an excellent position to buy as you are a true cash buyer!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We were very nearly in the same boat but managed to find a home just in time. We find out tomorrow whether we complete on 24th or 25th. Good luck in finding a new home and enjoy living in your motorhome in the meantime

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We're in a similar situation - our house is empty and the sale should complete mid-November. We're currently in France, our few remaining possessions with us (we sold or gave away almost everything we owned before we left) and in no rush to buy another house. Currently considering buying somewhere in France.

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Good point, Wigster, even if it does make us sound like we’re being held ‘at Her Majesty’s pleasure’!

:whistle:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We were very nearly in the same boat but managed to find a home just in time. We find out tomorrow whether we complete on 24th or 25th. Good luck in finding a new home and enjoy living in your motorhome in the meantime

Right cmon reveal all .What part of the country are you moving to? Did you find a house in France or even Scotland?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@AndyPK I would take my hat off to you if I had one. 4 dogs in a little motorhome. Once the weather turns I can't see you sticking that for long but maybe I'm wrong. Good luck though, get yourselves off somewhere warm .

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
@AndyPK I would take my hat off to you if I had one. 4 dogs in a little motorhome. Once the weather turns I can't see you sticking that for long but maybe I'm wrong. Good luck though, get yourselves off somewhere warm .
With four dogs on board I would have thought that the Majestic would be more than warm enough!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Right cmon reveal all .What part of the country are you moving to? Did you find a house in France or even Scotland?
Found an 1850 stone cottage in Shore Road, Hesketh Bank near Southport so not far from where we are now. It's in a sorry state with rising and penetrating damp so going to strip back to stone walls and start again. It will be lovely when it's finished and only small so great lock up and leave for our travels.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
We've found ourselves in a similar position to AndyPK. Put our house on the market 2 weeks ago with the intention of putting our things into storage and heading off in our motorhome for a few months while we looked for a new place to buy, once we sold. To our great surprise and delight :smiley: we were offered full asking price yesterday! We thought it would take longer than this to sell and our buyers want us out asap, so if all goes to plan (we're healthily aware that it might not) we'll be living in our van in 6-8 weeks time. So albeit we're intentional temporary full-timers, we're doing it a lot sooner than we imagined.

A question, therefore, to experienced full-timers please:

We will have an address for post etc but won't be keeping van there as we intend to mooch about the IOW looking at properties (interrupted only by trips to the mainland and Europe looking for sunshine :smiley:), so wondered how that will affect our insurance being of no fixed abode.

Any other helpful advice would be very welcome as although we thought things through before putting our house on the market, we really didn't think it would all happen quite so quickly.

As you might be able to tell, we're 2 very gobsmacked but excited SpritelyIslanders:smiley:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back