Rally Chat In the news - Gatherings of more than six banned (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Whilst I appreciate the difficulty government has, there appears to be no logic.

I can park in a car park a couple of feet away from someone else, and walk round a busy supermarket.. but not park in a field several yards from someone else and walk round an open air display?
You and I both. Though the Supermarkets do require we use masks. Except for the pairs of teens joined at the hip, who are exempt of course. (Farm Foods/Aldi Bridlington, Monday!)

Aug 30, 2011
Gresham, North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544SL
Exp
12 years
From the very start, the government wrote the rules based on the assumption that people would interpret them using common sense..... Unfortunately, they have now had to revert to using what appear to be haphazard rules for small groups of simpletons who apply their own selfish interpretations!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
You and I both. Though the Supermarkets do require we use masks. Except for the pairs of teens joined at the hip, who are exempt of course. (Farm Foods/Aldi Bridlington, Monday!)
Or the older people who wear their masks below their nose.......and one I saw lifting their mask to cough. obviously you don’t want any of those germs in your mask do you.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Or the older people who wear their masks below their nose.......and one I saw lifting their mask to cough. obviously you don’t want any of those germs in your mask do you.
Yeh!, Seen them too. One woman took hers off to "sniff" the quality of her proposed purchase of fresh veg!.:rolleyes::rolleyes: But overall in the general population, it is the older generation`s) that are masking up, it is rare to see Sub 30`s using one. Usually when at the pharmacy or attending the Doctors Surgery here a bouts.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yeh!, Seen them too. One woman took hers off to "sniff" the quality of her proposed purchase of fresh veg!.:rolleyes::rolleyes: But overall in the general population, it is the older generation`s) that are masking up, it is rare to see Sub 30`s using one. Usually when at the pharmacy or attending the Doctors Surgery here a bouts.
At our local butchers it's now a strict no mask you can't come in. I can't see why that shouldn't be the case everywhere.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
When shopping in Asda yesterday it was very clear that less people were wearing masks😖. I appreciate that some are exempt but certainly not the ‘short wearing’ early twenties Adonis that was in front of me!! I don’t like the masks but have worn them and now I have changed to a visor - far more comfortable and I can see a lot easier!! Surely there can’t be many illnesses that make wearing a visor impossible?
Its about time the supermarkets become pro active and politely questioned those who aren’t adhering to the rules Rant over!!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
At our local butchers it's now a strict no mask you can't come in. I can't see why that shouldn't be the case everywhere.
Neither, can I. BUT. who is policing it?. Superstore security staff. don`t have the power of arrest. PCSO`s are nowhere to be seen. and as for Plod?. `Nuff Said, I saw a Police car last week in our village, first time in weeks if not months. Even though we are in the middle of a local Vandalism "Spike".

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Neither, can I. BUT. who is policing it?. Superstore security staff. don`t have the power of arrest. PCSO`s are nowhere to be seen. and as for Plod?. `Nuff Said, I saw a Police car last week in our village, first time in weeks if not months. Even though we are in the middle of a local Vandalism "Spike".
I think right from the start big shops have seen mask wearing as optional and second in importance to getting people in. There are announcements saying don't judge people not wearing a mask there could be medical reasons. I would prefer it to be no mask you can't come in. Medical reasons give us a list we'll pick it for you and wheel it out in a trolley. It's then very straightforward.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If I could not wear a mask, I don't think I'd go into supermarkets.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Every store / retailer has the right to ask anyone to leave and/or to refuse to serve them. "Policing" isn't needed.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
When shopping in Asda yesterday it was very clear that less people were wearing masks😖. I appreciate that some are exempt but certainly not the ‘short wearing’ early twenties Adonis that was in front of me!! I don’t like the masks but have worn them and now I have changed to a visor - far more comfortable and I can see a lot easier!! Surely there can’t be many illnesses that make wearing a visor impossible?
Its about time the supermarkets become pro active and politely questioned those who aren’t adhering to the rules Rant over!!
I have COPD, so wearing a mask is way beyond uncomfortable, so I too wear a clear visor and can tolerate that for up to 30 minutes

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
This is about as ridiculous as the Q14 measures! It's either lockdown or not. Otherwise the infection rate is going to rise.

This is the new normal folks!

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive

Pause for thought....

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
There needs to be an easy way for people who can't to get their shopping first. Then a total ban on non mask wearers.
What process has your butcher introduced?

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I complained to the manager at Waitrose that there were a number of people in the store without masks and pointing out it is the law. The response although sympathetic was we are not policeman and have instructions not to challenge. So if I were to fill my shopping trolley to the brim and walk out without paying would I have been stopped? Or customers were not to shop there because of the issue they might change their attitude.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Does this mean Stratford and Avon Bank are cancelled?!?
Morning Ger.
You went to Avon Bank.
You will know that there were no social gatherings of more than 6 people.
Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, the rally is still going ahead, unless I'm instructed otherwise.
Currently on a campsite where there are approx 140 units. I don't see the owners coming, around telling everyone to clear off.
It is up to each individual to take responsibility for their own actions. I will take action at Pershore if there is anything done that would compromise the rallies legality.

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
People who work in shops cannot approach non mask wearers. Many many people are exempt in this country under disability laws. No one wants the bad publicity of 'discriminating' against a member of the public for approaching them.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If I could not wear a mask, I don't think I'd go into supermarkets.
That's fine. Touring at present so unsure day to day where we will be so on-line shopping is not an option. Perhaps starvation is a better choice. 🤔

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I think pandas has a point....if your uncomfortable with your surrounding, irrespective of what and where it is, then the only real option is to remove yourself from it, as expecting others to do it for you will be futile.

In the shopping scenario, then voting with your feet will have a bigger impact when certain stores have less foot fall than stricter stores.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Morning Ger.
You went to Avon Bank.
You will know that there were no social gatherings of more than 6 people.
Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, the rally is still going ahead, unless I'm instructed otherwise.
Currently on a campsite where there are approx 140 units. I don't see the owners coming, around telling everyone to clear off.
It is up to each individual to take responsibility for their own actions. I will take action at Pershore if there is anything done that would compromise the rallies legality.
You can borrow our dog if it helps to control the gatherings. :rofl:

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
As I understand it, this disease is spread by people.

So, it makes sense to travel and mix as little as possible.

Doing so for pleasure should be out of the question.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
The rules are not a ban on gatherings of over six though are they? The ban is on SOCIAL gatherings. It’s funny how many on here like to interpret the rules to suit their own agenda.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Pity they hadn't enforced something like this weeks ago...then maybe we wouldn't have been subject to the idiotic BLM, ER demonstrations where everyone immediately gets immunity from everything..
Very true, these groups seem to think they are immune from responsibility. However, on the opposite side of the debate the UK government has effectively banned the democratic right to protest, with a potential no deal exit from the EU coming up, ever confusing contradictory COVID policies , have they just used this as an excuse to ban a form of expressing discontent against themselves ?

It’s just weird that they want to limit gatherings to 6, however social they may be, but still insist that if you work from home you are selfish for not choosing to sit in traffic or used overcrowded expensive public transport .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back