In Search Of Christmas Spirit (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Tomorrow, we're off on our latest adventure - this time we're heading to Belgium to visit the Christmas Market in Bruges, which starts on Friday 25th Nov

bruges-christmas-market.jpg

As well as stocking up on Christmas Trinkets, we'll be searching out the best food and drinks that this historic city has to offer.

Belgian beer
le-trappiste.jpg

Mussels and Chips !
Oysters-and-chips_2375797b.jpg

Waffles !
771fbd7bb4e47f9256db1a449c936318.jpg

Chocolate
Link Removed

We've got just 6 days to slurp and munch our way to everything that is Belgium, and would appreciate any tips on where to go, where to stay and what to see or do.

Thanks

Ps - This thread may not be suitable viewing for @DavidG58, @Chris, @PORKSTER or @Popeye
who are currently taking part in The Big Funster Fat Fight.
Broken Link Removed

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Tomorrow, we're off on our latest adventure - this time we're heading to Belgium to visit the Christmas Market in Bruges, which starts on Friday 25th Nov

bruges-christmas-market.jpg

As well as stocking up on Christmas Trinkets, we'll be searching out the best food and drinks that this historic city has to offer.

Belgian beer
le-trappiste.jpg

Mussels and Chips !
Oysters-and-chips_2375797b.jpg

Waffles !
771fbd7bb4e47f9256db1a449c936318.jpg

Chocolate
Link Removed

We've got just 6 days to slurp and munch our way to everything that is Belgium, and would appreciate any tips on where to go, where to stay and what to see or do.

Thanks

Ps - This thread may not be suitable viewing for @DavidG58, @Chris, @PORKSTER or @Popeye
who are currently taking part in The Big Funster Fat Fight.
Broken Link Removed
You can go off some people. Envious me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
It looks very pretty. Wish we were going. Mussels look lovely too. Enjoy yourselves and try not to indulge too much. :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Robert, if you like Ribs and Beer and R&B music then try a Broken Link Removed . Good local beer and they do an all you can eat Ribs deal. They just keep bringing the racks until you tell them to stop. I notice they now include a starter and pudding, but if like Ribs you won't have room for them. Their address is Ezelstraat 50, 8000 Brugge

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert, if you like Ribs and Beer and R&B music then try a Broken Link Removed . Good local beer and they do an all you can eat Ribs deal. They just keep bringing the racks until you tell them to stop. I notice they now include a starter and pudding, but if like Ribs you won't have room for them. Their address is Ezelstraat 50, 8000 Brugge
Thanks Peter - we love ribs
Did you make a reservation or just turn up?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Price?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I had an idea for a new game too, especially for those on a diet....
Guess the Calories !! - what do you reckon

We've got just 6 days to slurp and munch our way to everything that is Belgium, and would appreciate any tips on where to go,

This is so very very tempting, I think you should go _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s_e _l _f and then climb on the scales, skinny! :wink:

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
We also ate here and it was excellent. You need to book though as its only small and gets busy. See trip advisor for reviews. We had the tourist menu and didn't expect much but the steak was one of the nicest I've had and the rest of the meal far better than the price makes you think

Link Removed

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you want a night that is "out of the ordinary" and fun too, take a turn around Antwerp, see if you can find "Danny's Bar"

IF, it's still there? It's a riot, good clean fun, a tad Risqué maybe.

I wouldn't have a clue if it's still there, last time I darkened it's doors was 1967,
"Do you take English money here?"
"Darhhling we take anything English here Sweetie!!"

As a serious aside, be careful out there it is said that those mongrel Bas**rds ISIS are planning an attack, somewhere, some time, at a Xmas Fair,

Stay safe!

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can't help, years since I've been to Belgium, but the 27th is my birthday - when the OAP era of my lives begins as I will be 65. :eek: So raise a glass of something, I will be. :)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Table booked 8pm Sunday - Looking forward to it already!

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Can't help, years since I've been to Belgium, but the 27th is my birthday - when the OAP era of my lives begins as I will be 65. :eek: So raise a glass of something, I will be. :)
We'll be in the Ribs and Beer Restaurant then, so will raise a glass to celebrate your special day!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Of course Anthea.

I had an idea for a new game too, especially for those on a diet....
Guess the Calories !! - what do you reckon

Now I see why you didn't give me a straight (useful) answer on my calorie query :):)

or was my lack of knowledge the inspiration for the variation :LOL::LOL:

I will have to fall back on my expert guesser Jacob :)

upload_2016-11-23_19-39-46.png

have a great time (y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We
Thanks Peter - we love ribs
Did you make a reservation or just turn up?
From memory we turned up, and had no problem getting in, but that was early in the evening as we usually eat early. I don't think they are open for lunch. Just seen you have booked anyway. It ain't fine dining, but it is good. They offer a choice of sauces - try their house sauce which is beer and chocolate on the ribs! Sounds bad but is was good.

Edit - be prepared to be rockin to some good 60s R&B while you are eating. None of this modern so called R&B when we were there.

Last edited:

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
3 Times I have been to Brugge I

Book in advance I have been 3 times never got in

OOPS just read you have booked good work I wish i was as organised

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
3 Times I have been to Brugge I

Book in advance I have been 3 times never got in
Success !
We've managed to get a booking
Sunday night we're gonna be sucking those ribs and slurping some beer.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I am not one for muscles and I wont offer a restaurant tip as I am sure you will be ok finding some fine food. But I would avoid those places in your top photo of first post we had a bad expensive experience. If your using the aire as you approach them try getting in the left hand side one. Reason being its more roomy the right hand one is very tight lunchtime appears to be a good time to arrive you can then walk to station and get free bus travel into town but its not far to walk.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Robert we tried a local Beer when we visited in June, if think it was called something like Kwack or sounded like that. It was very nice see pic below

image.png

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I am not one for muscles and I wont offer a restaurant tip as I am sure you will be ok finding some fine food. But I would avoid those places in your top photo of first post we had a bad expensive experience. If your using the aire as you approach them try getting in the left hand side one. Reason being its more roomy the right hand one is very tight lunchtime appears to be a good time to arrive you can then walk to station and get free bus travel into town but its not far to walk.
Our train doesn't arrive in Calais until 6pm, so we're now wondering if we should stop overnight between Calais and Bruges and head to the Aire on Friday morning whilst people are leaving.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Our train doesn't arrive in Calais until 6pm, so we're now wondering if we should stop overnight between Calais and Bruges and head to the Aire on Friday morning whilst people are leaving.

Could be a plan Gravelines up the road is a favorite of many on here I have stayed but never eaten or drank in the town

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Could be a plan Gravelines up the road is a favorite of many on here I have stayed but never eaten or drank in the town
That's exactly where I was thinking
Is this the one ?

IMG_5810.PNG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back