namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
In view of the interest shown in this thread, it may be worth mentioning the Commonwealth War Grave Commission website www.cwgc.org where you can search for casualties in all the World Wars including all the cemeteries & memorials in the area.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Thanks for the info. Request in for the easter weekend for a couple of nights. Can't wait. :clap2:

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Does anyone have GPS coordinates for this location, or a link to it on google earth? We are going to ypres way over easter

50.84789, 2.89341 and anywhere along this road at that end

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
3rd weekend in June is a good time to visit, Belgium stage of the European rally championships, pits & start line are in the town square, it's great sitting down having a beer outside a bar with the cars going by a few inches from your elbow.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
We went to Ypres last June, arrived around 6pm. Jeungstadion was full, as was the lane next to it, and the "Aire" was blocked off due to a G8 conference.

At the 1st roundabout as you reach Ypres there is a Lidl store on the left, with a public car park in front of it, where I noticed a motorhome when we arrived.

After finding Nowhere else in the vicinity to park up I drove back to the roundabout, drove past Lidl, turned around at the station and entered the car park.

The MH already in the car park was Belgian registered, the owner told me he had parked there many times and that the police never disturb him.

We had a very peaceful night in the car park and only had to walk a few yards to do our initial shop in the morning.

We parked at the "Aire" the 2nd night after the freeloading politicians had gone home and had a good night there also.

As said before there is a path through to Jeungstadion where you can get some water or a shower if needs be.

Hymie.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Thanks to all contributors, especially the OP. We're on our way to Ypres from Spain. All the info will be very useful.
Ed

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No one has mentioned the noise all through the day and night from what I believe is an aluminium factory close by. Went last week on way back from southern France, won't be going back there in a hurry !
Lee.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No one has mentioned the noise all through the day and night from what I believe is an aluminium factory close by. Went last week on way back from southern France, won't be going back there in a hurry !
Lee.
Stopped their several time down buy the canal always had very quiet peaceful nights.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Found this thread by chance - great. Grandfather served over there and a trip has been booked in a couple of months. Great tips as usual, thank you all (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back