In praise of haven caister (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
not often you get to hear praise from me:whistle: but we have just spent four days there , couldn't fault it , obviously we were out of season , so cheap , but we had all services to every pitch , park how you like , close to the entertainment and shop , bus to get Yarmouth just outside the gate, all for £12 a night, excellent, best British site we have ever been on.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
not often you get to hear praise from me:whistle: but we have just spent four days there , couldn't fault it , obviously we were out of season , so cheap , but we had all services to every pitch , park how you like , close to the entertainment and shop , bus to get Yarmouth just outside the gate, all for £12 a night, excellent, best British site we have ever been on.
Do they allow dogs?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
How would I know?:D
if it was you could leave a review that would be seen by thousands of potential visitors for years to come

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have used several of the Haven sites.. Always found them really good .. It is rare for us to go on a site, but we do make the exception sometimes and it is usually on one of the Haven places :)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We've just been on the Haven site golden Sands at Skegness it was posted as but it's actual nearer Mablethorpe at nearly 2 miles away.
We picked it as it stated it had a bus stop outside the gate.
Unfortunately the buses stopped running in the week. Only running at the weekend.
A land train run to Mablethorpe up till 3pm £2 return which wasn't bad.
We had 4 days in the week! Typical!
Worked out at £7.50 a night.
Great site EXCEPT the touring was a LONG way from everything, seeming miles away from the entertainment .
All the staff were brilliant though, can't fault it except for the distance away from all the stuff going on.
I won't use these sites on a weekend though,especially bank holiday ones.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We've just been on the Haven site golden Sands at Skegness it was posted as but it's actual nearer Mablethorpe at nearly 2 miles away.
We picked it as it stated it had a bus stop outside the gate.
Unfortunately the buses stopped running in the week. Only running at the weekend.
A land train run to Mablethorpe up till 3pm £2 return which wasn't bad.
We had 4 days in the week! Typical!
Worked out at £7.50 a night.
Great site EXCEPT the touring was a LONG way from everything, seeming miles away from the entertainment .
All the staff were brilliant though, can't fault it except for the distance away from all the stuff going on.
I won't use these sites on a weekend though,especially bank holiday ones.
That's quite right, regarding the distance from anything but that is where this caister site was so good, all the shops and pubs were about a hundred yards away , perfect for being close but far enough that there is no noise, the sea with a good sandy beach is maybe 500 yards away, there are a massive indoor swimming pool, football pitchs , children's play areas, organised things for them to do all day if that's their thing, bus into Yarmouth about every ten minutes, and they all take the bus pass(y);), we honestly just couldn't fault it, in summer I suppose it will be crowded out and a different thing , and a colossal amount of money, but now brill.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have only ever stayed at one Haven site in the motorhome, never again, at that one anyway. Noisy dirty fights dog mess, the children were better behaved than the adults.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back