Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
I wonder would anyone like to recommend a decent compact to fill my needs?

I am what I fondly describe as a keen amateur photographer, still looking to get the best from my Nikon D50. I recently toyed with the idea of upgrading to a better DSLR, but decided that I still have some way to go with the D50 before an upgrade makes sense. For what might be termed "serious" photography I'll continue to use the D50, but I fancy something more compact to slip in my pocket for everyday use, something that will provide decent quality photographs but not necessarily having the versatility of a DSLR. My budget is around £200, but I'd be prepared to go a little higher if it was worth it.

Any thoughts?

Angus dog

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2013
I wonder would anyone like to recommend a decent compact to fill my needs?

I am what I fondly describe as a keen amateur photographer, still looking to get the best from my Nikon D50. I recently toyed with the idea of upgrading to a better DSLR, but decided that I still have some way to go with the D50 before an upgrade makes sense. For what might be termed "serious" photography I'll continue to use the D50, but I fancy something more compact to slip in my pocket for everyday use, something that will provide decent quality photographs but not necessarily having the versatility of a DSLR. My budget is around £200, but I'd be prepared to go a little higher if it was worth it.

Any thoughts?
You should consider a bridge camera

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
never heard the term "bridge camera" before so i googled it....

Bridge Camera

Not exactly "slip in your pocket" though?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
I use one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002CGS52K/?tag=mhf04-21
excellent camera and can be had for a very good price these day's, not exactly the smallest but it is built well and has a lovely quality feel to it as well as being able to deliver brilliant images, have to admit that I don't use it to its full potential never the less after picking this up I got rid of all my SLR equipment and have stuck with this ever since in fact I still have a couple of the original Olympus pens and they are still fully working and must be getting on for 40 odd years old if not older.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I looked at various compacts for holiday shots but decided that my photography would be compromised too much so decided just to stay with my DSL
But Canon G12 was the only one I would have considered price about £215 but you my pick up a good one on eBay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Panasonic Lumix with Leica lenses. Stunning performance. Huge workable zoom range. Mine ( old now ) does 12x optical plus 4x digital and at the 48x I get decent shots of distant objects when needed. You know the ones, "is she topless ?", zoooooooooooom, "oh YES".

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have a little Casio, cost about £100.

Takes a nice picture too, but I dont claim to be an expert at photography.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back