Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm based in the middle of Cornwall, well almost!..
After many years of campervanning / motorhoming I finally decided to join
a club. This Ford based CL is the smallest of 4 I've had, apart from 3 little 'pop tops'
I bought in Oz over many years. I must say that campervanning in Oz is second to none
and if possible I would migrate there for good tomorrow!!
After a life 'on the ocean wave' it seemed a natural progression to be behind a van steering wheel
instead of a ships wheel....My 1st motorhome for many years was a great Mercedes 508D long wheel based conversion by Orchid in Devon I believe. He was so much bigger on the outside than inside so he was named ''Sidrat''....the reverse of ''Tardis'' you see....
There followed for many years an early Knaus Traveller based on a LHD Fiat Ducato....His name was
PiPi Loco and it was given to him by a lovely South American lady who shall remain nameless!!
My next wagon was a much more modern (and soul less) RWD Transit based Dethleffs Sunlight....It had most of the 'bells and whistles' and that rear wheel drive that I really like,and an engine that flew along, but no character!
My present wagon has the RWD that I like, is LHD 'cos I find that so much easier abroad, an auto box which is wonderful, can sleep 5 if everyone is really friendly! but no oven which is a bit of a bummer...am working on that though.
I could waffle on about stuff, but before you all nod off I'll close and await any comments?

Keep smiling.........Chris.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
:welc:We are tween St Austell and Newquay.

OP
OP
S

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Thanks guys 'n gals for that speedy welcome, must say didn't really know what to write about to start my newbie Funstering.
Maybe my introductions were a bit much to start with?...if so my apologies.
The placing of 'smilies' is something I have to learn I guess.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Chris, welcome to fun good to have you join in :welc:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome.... guess every day is a holiday living in a beautiful place like that. Happy travels. :)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Chris , really enjoyed your post, sounded like coming from a real passionate of travels , sailor first if I well understood. Still one word I never came across , can you explain please what a "Tardis" is ?

Meanwhile .... Bienvenue depuis "La Belle France"

Amicalement

Frankie:cool:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Frankie, how could you not know. Tardis is the time travelling vehicle of Dr Who, a science fiction programme on the telly that has been running since I was a child.
It is an acronym for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space and is noticeable by being a police phone box on the outside but huge on the inside.

Wild Oggie

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E462
Exp
Mid 70's
Hi Chris,
Alrite me'ansome

(originally from St Dennis)

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Chris and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Where you write your messages click on the smiley face which is on the second line 5th from the left at the top. You will then have a choice of three different styles of smilies to choose from! :laughing:

Give it a try! :Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Frankie, how could you not know. Tardis is the time travelling vehicle of Dr Who, a science fiction programme on the telly that has been running since I was a child.
It is an acronym for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space and is noticeable by being a police phone box on the outside but huge on the inside.

Errrr... sorry but I'm a working woman and this stuff is going on TV at a far too late time for me, to start with, and ....it's in French! So I guess the machine has been renamed so it can have some sense for French people !
And ..... I am not a dictionary:whistle: ! Ah mais!:rolleyes:

Frankie:D

OP
OP
S

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Firstly,.. Je suis desole......no Tardis en la belle France, how can this be?...I must remember to load up Mr Smiley with as much Dr Who stuff that customs will allow!.....but first of all have to find a fun,mature, slim-ish lady co-pilot with some free travelling time on her hands, possibly a tall order but one can hope!
Secondly, thank all you Funsters who sent those lovely welcome signs, this obviously is a great and happy motorhome site & I feel fortunate to have found it with my first go at doing anything like this...
Keep smiling,
Chris.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
welcome and what a first post by the time I got to the end of it I had almost fallen to sleep:welc::party:

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Welcome,
Alan + Diane,