In for a tenner...

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm based in the middle of Cornwall, well almost!..
After many years of campervanning / motorhoming I finally decided to join
a club. This Ford based CL is the smallest of 4 I've had, apart from 3 little 'pop tops'
I bought in Oz over many years. I must say that campervanning in Oz is second to none
and if possible I would migrate there for good tomorrow!!
After a life 'on the ocean wave' it seemed a natural progression to be behind a van steering wheel
instead of a ships wheel....My 1st motorhome for many years was a great Mercedes 508D long wheel based conversion by Orchid in Devon I believe. He was so much bigger on the outside than inside so he was named ''Sidrat''....the reverse of ''Tardis'' you see....
There followed for many years an early Knaus Traveller based on a LHD Fiat Ducato....His name was
PiPi Loco and it was given to him by a lovely South American lady who shall remain nameless!!
My next wagon was a much more modern (and soul less) RWD Transit based Dethleffs Sunlight....It had most of the 'bells and whistles' and that rear wheel drive that I really like,and an engine that flew along, but no character!
My present wagon has the RWD that I like, is LHD 'cos I find that so much easier abroad, an auto box which is wonderful, can sleep 5 if everyone is really friendly! but no oven which is a bit of a bummer...am working on that though.
I could waffle on about stuff, but before you all nod off I'll close and await any comments?

Keep smiling.........Chris.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Plymouth
MH
Hymer B574
Exp
Since 1970'ish
Hi Chris and welcome to the club from just up the road plenty if like minded folk on here :welc:

OP
Seajay

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
Thanks guys 'n gals for that speedy welcome, must say didn't really know what to write about to start my newbie Funstering.
Maybe my introductions were a bit much to start with?...if so my apologies.
The placing of 'smilies' is something I have to learn I guess.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome.... guess every day is a holiday living in a beautiful place like that. Happy travels. :)

yodeli

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
MH
Hymer Camp 51 Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Chris , really enjoyed your post, sounded like coming from a real passionate of travels , sailor first if I well understood. Still one word I never came across , can you explain please what a "Tardis" is ?

Meanwhile .... Bienvenue depuis "La Belle France"

Amicalement

Frankie:cool:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
MH
A Class
Exp
33 years
Frankie, how could you not know. Tardis is the time travelling vehicle of Dr Who, a science fiction programme on the telly that has been running since I was a child.
It is an acronym for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space and is noticeable by being a police phone box on the outside but huge on the inside.

Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Chris and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Where you write your messages click on the smiley face which is on the second line 5th from the left at the top. You will then have a choice of three different styles of smilies to choose from! :laughing:

Give it a try! :Smile:

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services