carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well hello all, not been on for a while, but thought i would come on and share this with you all, after picking motorhome up on friday waiting 2 hours in cold for AA to attend my flat battery !!! (say no more) finaly set of for devon early sat morning nice trip down to plymouth only to think snow out of the way to arrive at a lovley site just of marsh mills roundabout called riverside camping, as i pull into site find its worse than were i came from north east with all the snow, as site is cover with black ice my god drive the van accross that was a experance indeed, but afet settting up this is a lovley site and one i would like to come back to in summer as setting is right by river plym picturest sight, we are nice a cosy in the van and etting ready to get taxi in morning for a bit of last min xmas shopping in plymouth town tomorrow,

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hey Carl, that ice will be canny for slidies ::bigsmile:
Hev a good time doon there in foreign parts.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
There's no ice or snow in Dawlish so perhaps you should come here and park overnight for free in the Dawlish or Teignmouth car parks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Freezing in Durham

Hi, it's no better back up north, I must be getting soft, but I think I will wait a couple of weeks before venturing out.

Attachments

• Picturevan.jpg
    Picturevan.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 22

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
dawlish overnight

hi to all, is that right you can park for free, whatabout sleeping, am spending xmas on my own this year, might just drive down, love that area in summer, never been this time of year, :winky::thumb:

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Yes you can sleep for free under an experimental scheme introduced by the Council but you have to pay for day parking.

The Eastcliffe car park at Teignmouth is better this time of the year as you are parked 50 metres from the beach and a couple of hundred yards from the town. You might want to avoid Boxing Day as there is the usual fancy dress swim which attracts a lot of visitors unless you secure a spot in the car park on Xmas day. Unlike many holiday resorts the town is open this time of the year as it caters for day trippers etc who use the many cafes that are open.

There seem to be one ot two motorhomes overnighting at this car park even at this time of the year.

Last edited:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Hi Carl

We are staying there sun / mon night, see you are getting a taxi into town
dont know if you know but a 10min walk down stream takes you to the park and ride
couple of quid gets you return ticket drop of / pick up right in city center.
You dont need to have a car parked there just wait with everybody else.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I used play in that field before it was a campsite, and the Plym valley can be stunning at the right time of year, even have a steam railway through it, cycle track up to Dartmoor, and great walks along the river.:thumb:

Cheers

Steve.

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
had a nice few days in devon traviling back up north today, plan to stay at chapple lane camp site just of m42 never been so dont know what it is like any body stayed at this site?

cornishgail

Free Member
Dec 17, 2009
sunny[sometimes] Cornwall
Funster No
MH
self conversion
Exp
10yrs
Chaple Hill really excellent site-stayed there last month in all the rains for 4 days; facilities exceptionally clean and modern and everyone in the office very helpful especially when our flush loo refused to flush; bus to Birmingham goes from entrance gate everyday except sundays and you can order bread and papers from office-all very civilised!! Take tv lead with you as they have digital booster points because reception so poor. Glad you enjoyed Devon but Cornwall better - no snow just rain!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back