In A Short While... (1 Viewer)

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
So one more week to go and by now we'll be over the channel and on our yearly three week motorhome trip. Nowhere booked, plan to use Aires and the odd Camping Municipal the same as previous years.

Rough plan to head for the Atlantic coast, wander down it to the Pyrenees, follow them to the Mediterranean then strike North through the middle of France.

This year we've ditched the trailer and motorbike and added two electric bikes to a rack on the back. As usual we only plan to drive in the morning for a couple of hours, pitching up at lunch in time to wander/bike about then sort out dinner. Which normally takes a couple of hours as I like to do something special everyday with what we can find local. Pastis, Belgium beer and red wine smooth this process into an enjoyable evening while watching late comers trying to squeeze onto non existent pitches .

I've also fitted a solar panel this winter to negate the need for hook-ups, not that we use much electric anyway. Extra fans also fitted to fridge vents to help keep by beer cold and the ice solid. So one more week working "for the man" then my time is mine for 22 days. Picture is of my favorite Aire from last year, and it was free, thats us on the far left....

ScreenShot003.jpg

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
july 22nd for us crossing on the ferry,,,never know we might see you on our travels.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GreenHell

Free Member
Feb 11, 2014
Lancashire Riviera
Funster No
MH
Looking for a new one
Exp
2013-2015
Are you the same Whatton that used to have a metallic blue T4?

If so, I loved your travel posts on the T4 Forum (y) :D

OP
OP
Whatton

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Are you the same Whatton that used to have a metallic blue T4?

If so, I loved your travel posts on the T4 Forum (y) :D

Yep, thats me, sadly I sold the T4 last March, nice to hear you enjoyed my old write ups. I'll do one for this years trip (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for sharing your blog. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to this years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back