In 12 years of motorhoming I have never seen this. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was boiling the kettle and the flame slowly faded out as the gas ran out.

It is the first time a gas bottle has run out when it wasn't either raining or I was asleep. Also the first time I have actually seen a gas bottle run out.

For 8 of those 12 years I have been fulltiming....

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Seen it a few times. I know what they say about a 'watched kettle' but when your gagging for a brew :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.

It is the first time a gas bottle has run out when it wasn't either raining or I was asleep. Also the first time I have actually seen a gas bottle run out.

That doesn't sound very safe to me to be honest, not safe at all.

Shouldn't the bottle have been fastened in to stop it running out?

Just sayin....:imoutahere:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Have to concur, ours ALWAYS run out at night, so I get woken up by that bloody annoying 'tick,tick,tick,tick' as the fridge or the heating try to relight themselves!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Have to concur, ours ALWAYS run out at night, so I get woken up by that bloody annoying 'tick,tick,tick,tick' as the fridge or the heating try to relight themselves!
Did that mean you had to run around the back to the garage open it etc. in the altogether, to open the second tap??? might frighten the neighbours if the lights were on. Too much trouble to get the clothes out and dress properly...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Did that mean you had to run around the back to the garage open it etc. in the altogether, to open the second tap??? might frighten the neighbours if the lights were on. Too much trouble to get the clothes out and dress properly...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well if it was the heating trying to relight, and I ran outside, I would suggest it would be cold, therefore a lot of shrinkage! No one needs to see that! :rofl:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Reminds me of the time our gas bottle ran out at night in a thunderstorm in a forested aire. All it needed was serial killer creeping through the trees. o_O

It's not just gas bottles either. Our loo cartridge flap broke on one of the few afternoons of our last trip when it was peeing it down. Talk about 'you picked a fine time to leave me loo seal'. :)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I had to nip out and switch the gas over one night and the next morning a guy from another MH walked over and suggested I fit an auto change over valve (y)

I like to know when I still have a full bottle left and not two empty ones :) so I smiled and left it as it was.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I had to nip out and switch the gas over one night and the next morning a guy from another MH walked over and suggested I fit an auto change over valve (y)

I like to know when I still have a full bottle left and not two empty ones :) so I smiled and left it as it was.
Agreed, That's why I specifically chose a manual changeover. I have 2 x 11KG. Currently with the bad weather they are lasting me 11 days, during colder weather this can drop down to 8 days.. As soon as the first one runs out I start planning to get it refilled within the week.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008

I think you were gassed - you need to put that ÂŁ3000 insurance claim in. ;)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Absolutely. I have 2x11kg alugas with internal gauges. When the one in use reads 1/2 it is actually down to 1/4 so I switch over the next time I'm out and refill at the next convenient stop.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

... and asleep it seems .... :D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Reminds me of the time our gas bottle ran out at night in a thunderstorm in a forested aire. All it needed was serial killer creeping through the trees. o_O
That reminds me of our scary night in the forest once .... we stopped for the night in France in a parking spot next to a woodland play area and had seen signs about introducing bears back into the wild for a while. Late at night when hubby let the dogs out for their last wee he suddenly heard an almighty racket ... screeching/screaming ... and shot back into the camper with the dogs in tow .... he was convinced there was a bear outside and would only go back out if I went too (the dogs hadn't done their ablutions) and grabbed a large umbrella for protection but I don't think an impression of Mary Poppins would have helped though.... Needless to say I heard/saw nothing and the dogs performed. In the morning he shoved our Romy (dog) out of the door first! We did find some paw prints in the mud but it could have been a deer, or a wild boar. I'd never seen hubby move so fast to get back in the camper though!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
That reminds me of our scary night in the forest once .... we stopped for the night in France in a parking spot next to a woodland play area and had seen signs about introducing bears back into the wild for a while. Late at night when hubby let the dogs out for their last wee he suddenly heard an almighty racket ... screeching/screaming ... and shot back into the camper with the dogs in tow .... he was convinced there was a bear outside and would only go back out if I went too (the dogs hadn't done their ablutions) and grabbed a large umbrella for protection but I don't think an impression of Mary Poppins would have helped though.... Needless to say I heard/saw nothing and the dogs performed. In the morning he shoved our Romy (dog) out of the door first! We did find some paw prints in the mud but it could have been a deer, or a wild boar. I'd never seen hubby move so fast to get back in the camper though!
Bare running around at night. I've been to that aires too.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Once sat by a river in France fishing turned round and there was a wild boar sniffing my bag I had behind me ,looked each other in the eyes and it just turned and trotted away :Eeek:once I got over the shock I was delighted lol

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Once sat by a river in France fishing turned round and there was a wild boar sniffing my bag

And that, "M 'lud, is the case for the defence.......":):):):):):)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I watched paint dry once.....:D2

Seriously though I have a thing about watching a washing machine go through a whole cycle.....:Eeek:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I watched paint dry once.....:D2

Seriously though I have a thing about watching a washing machine go through a whole cycle.....:Eeek:

(Uncle Albert). "Did I tell you about"--- Our first ever "Automatic" Washing Machine, Mate of mine came round helped me Carry it in and Plumb It etc;. So, as you do, We fired it up to check all was well, and opened a couple of can`s. Wife, comes into the Kitchen to find two blokes sat on the floor watching the washing machine go round and made the fatal remark to two Marine Engineers, "What are you doing"? to which we replied in unison, "can`t tell there's bugger all on this new `telly"!.:rolleyes::rolleyes::whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back