LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We are the 4th owner ,previous owner bought it off a friend ,suspect to turn it round quickly.but you are correct it has been stored in a barn .Before buying it we did an HPI check owner number 2 had the van for the majority of the vans life ,and from the MOT we can see they did just over 200 miles a year .Apparently they went to 1 event a year
Strange you think mileage too low?
Trying to be kind, the poster wasn't trying to suggest that there was anything shady about the fact the the mileage was so low.
It's a perceived thought that motorhomes (and motor vehicles in general, I suppose) do not seem to like being left to do nothing for long periods.
Our van was 7 yrs.old with 17000 miles on the clock when we bought it and hadn't been used for a long period. It definitely didn't perform at the beginning of our ownership but it does now that we've put the miles in, (and on.)

OP
OP
P
Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Trying to be kind, the poster wasn't trying to suggest that there was anything shady about the fact the the mileage was so low.
It's a perceived thought that motorhomes (and motor vehicles in general, I suppose) do not seem to like being left to do nothing for long periods.
Our van was 7 yrs.old with 17000 miles on the clock when we bought it and hadn't been used for a long period. It definitely didn't perform at the beginning of our ownership but it does now that we've put the miles in, (and on.)
I wasn't being unkind ? I was just explaing the low mileage was genuine

OP
OP
P
Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think a large part of it maybe due to Black Horse and their extortionate APR's

Welcome!

We did choose to avoid finance hence the older van .Having had caravans in the past that we didn't use enough we know how expensive these cheap breaks are lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Motorhomes are based on commercial vehicles designed for high mileages, so a vehicle that hasn't been driven much can suffer from mechanical problems through disuse. Hopefully yours won't, and the fact of being stored inside is definitely in its favour.
Many many years ago I bought a car that was very low mileage, chap only used it for weekly shop. Exhaust was solid with soot and corroded and camshaft badly worn presumably lack of lubrication, I think the choke had never been off. Yours has apparently been used for infrequent but reasonably long trips so should be fine.
My motorhome sits around for prolonged periods, but generally a trip will be 2000-5000 miles in a few weeks, so one extreme to another.
Best wishes for yours, I'm sure it will be fine and give you some good times.
Fortunately as we own over 20 HGVs and husband is qualified HGV fitter he knows the ins and outs of commercial engines
Camshaft can be a problem

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
2005.........that’s not old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to think vans of that vintage were well made...but I would,wouldn’t I,ours is 2006!!!! :LOL:

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
I should have added my husband likes it so much he will go and sit in it on the drive !
I love that, made me smile, when we get zebedee ready for a trip..we often just sit a d chat with a cuppa on the drive..then carry on packing..enjoy....ooo and welcome. :clap:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back