Importing Van, what to do at Customs? (2 Viewers)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
We are collecting our new van next week from Germany and getting the Tunnel back.
What do we need to do at customs?
Is there a red lane? Do we need to use it / declare that we're are importing the van without having paid VAT (yet) as we haven't paid VAT on the van ( but will do ASAP)
Thanks

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I had all these thoughts when I brought a classic car from germany on a trailer
In the end I just drove straight through, I think they are looking for a different criminal;)
I did the papers at home

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Drove of the ferry as normal at Dover with ours, it was carrying German Export Plates no problems, did all the paper work later from home.
Cheers
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We just drove through as normal, too. We'd paid VAT in Germany, then claimed it back after we'd paid British VAT.
Enjoy your new van. It's very exciting going to Germany to collect. (y)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
As others, I came through tunnel last year, just go green, not a question from anyone for us. Paid the VAT online same day. Do a scan of the dealer invoice or get him to do it for you, HMRC emailed and asked for a copy before processing after I had completed the online document, which I could email instantly from my laptop fortunately, as I was in the garage getting my VCA approval document. By the way try to get your dealer to agree to a zero rated invoice, and promise to send a copy of the UK VAT receipt and the V5 when registered as that clears their tax status and you don't have to pay twice and reclaim it back from the dealer. Also make sure you put the net of tax figure in the UK VAT online form.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back