Importing Motorhome from Spain - Quick Question (1 Viewer)

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi,

I'm importing our 2014 Adria to the UK from Spain having moved back permanently a couple of months ago. Vehicle has been in secure storage while we've been sorting out the house. :)

I have swapped the headlights for RHD spec ones, likewise changed the speedo dial to MPH using a Lockwood dial conversion. Rear fog lights/reversing lights are fitted to both rear clusters, so I think we're good to go. Also have the CoC from Adria and Fiat to support the application for Commission Notice/Mutual Recognition but I have one quick question for anyone who knows this procedure, please.

The VCA says I have to provide written proof from a garage which fitted the lights/speedo dial to support my application. Obviously, I could pay a garage to provide a suitable letter but since I have also to get an MOT, surely a pass would be confirmation in itself that the lights and speedo are legal?

Can anyone advise me whether the MOT will suffice or do I have to jump through the additional garage letter hoop?

Have tried contacting VCA to ask them direct but contacting them seems to need a oija board!

Many thanks :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I would have thought the MOT would prove that all is ok?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No, you still need a letter of confirmation, for an MOT LHD headlamps with beam deflectors are acceptable so is a KMH speedo but not for importation.
The MOT can do the letter for you as just hast to be from a VAT registered garage or an MOT station.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Falcon 269

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks, Lenny. Seems odd that beam deflectors/kph speedos are acceptable for an MOT but not for an import? I can't think of a situation where that would be applicable but no doubt others will.

Not disputing your experience with this because I know you've got the T-shirt. Will speak to the MOT station and enlist their help with the covering letter. :)

.Cheers!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks, Lenny. Seems odd that beam deflectors/kph speedos are acceptable for an MOT but not for an import? I can't think of a situation where that would be applicable but no doubt others will.

Not disputing your experience with this because I know you've got the T-shirt. Will speak to the MOT station and enlist their help with the covering letter. :)

.Cheers!
Sent you a PM with a copy of the letter I've used a couple of times.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back