Free Member
Feb 8, 2016
South wales
Funster No
MH
Rmb
Exp
Since 1995
Don't be put off importing a van from Europe, especially if it's over 10 years old. Ive just recieved my v5 from the DVLA and it was simple. Just obtain an importation pack fill it in(half hour), send the vehicle previous registration documents and any other vehicle certificates , your insurance, mot, and fee and that's about it. I also enclosed a photo so they get an idea of what they're dealing with. Took about 2 weeks.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Thanks for that! Re-assuring! We are importing our RMB next week from Germany. I see you bought one I was looking at some months back. Did you get comprehensive insurance to cover you on the way to UK and if so who from?
Any other tips/tricks you can offer gratefully received.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Moke that a bit light on the facts!lol. Whatever you do make sure you have a COC (certificate of conformity). In the import pack there is a form to presented to VCA for whom you have to produce a letter from MOT station confirming. that headlighs/speedo/fog lights conform with UK regs. the cert they send back goes away with all the other forms to DVLA..then you wait.

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Ive got the DVLA pack ,currently going through the process,waiting to find out if belgian dealer can fit speedo etc ,they have told me that i will receive cert of conformity,as for insurance,im about to start ringing around to find out whats out there as ill be insuring on VIN plate, the dealer in Belgium will sort me out export plates,this gives me 3rd party insurance on the 40minute drive to port.
Once back in UK,ill take it to a Mot station to have it checked ,then its post the forms time(y)

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Thanks for the update guys, mine isn't covered by the CoC because like @Moke it is too old. However there are number of RMBs imports to the UK and @Snowbird reckons he didn't have a problem. We will see, I'll update the details as we go through the process. Should be interesting!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back