importing and Certificate of conformity (2 Viewers)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Do all used vehicles require a CoC to register in England.

German Dealer today said Concorde do not issue CoC for vehicles more than 10 years old, anyway around this, we have been to see the van and like it.

2005 model.
We imported before from Germany although it was a new Hymer in 2007, can't remember what we got then but all went smoothly.

Last edited:

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Can’t help on the time period, just that we definitely needed it when we brought our 2011 Rapido over from France in 2015.
I’d give the VCA a ring in Bristol

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Can’t help on the time period, just that we definitely needed it when we brought our 2011 Rapido over from France in 2015.
I’d give the VCA a ring in Bristol

I,ve rung them, because the van is over 10 years it is exempt so doesn't require one for them they said.

The question now is would DVLA require one?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
DVLA say a CoC is not required as over 10 years old, just spoke to Chris from there. Problem is you get so much erroneous information depending on who you speak with at DVLA.
Sound like all should be good then.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Without a C of C you have to have a IVA (individual Vehice Approval) inspection it costs £199, there are only a few test centres around the country you can take it to & they tend to have long lead times for inspections.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Without a C of C you have to have a IVA (individual Vehice Approval) inspection it costs £199, there are only a few test centres around the country you can take it to & they tend to have long lead times for inspections.

Even if over 10 years Lenny?

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Hi, imported mine last year. Although I had obtained a CoC from Hymer I found that most of the information was not required & available elsewhere easily.
Once it's over 10 years old you won't need it anyway or VCA. As long as you are insured & have an MOT quite an easy process to register.
Insurance you can get on VIN No. I used AIB.
Most importantly don't forget to register the van as having arrived in UK. DVLA won't process your application until this is done. An on line process.
A friend forgot his & ended up with a fine for not declaring.
Found DVLA staff very helpful during phone calls, gave me Reg no over phone before documents arrived.
Barrie

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
So Paul @CazPaul what have you found that tickles your fancy "A class" ??

Martin

Yes, in the end, but its hard work getting back here inbetween work. Dealer doesn't want to drive to port, so only third party.
Sometimes you can think too deeply though, I mean what can go wrong in a just a few hours driving:D2 and a bit of form filling.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Yup, agree with the above advice ( having literally just done it albeit not over 10yrs old)
Over 10years old, skip the VCA.

MOT, NOVA declaration, and V55 submitted to DVLA.
However, most of the info required on the V55 is on the CoC, without which it may prove difficult to complete, but the manufacturer or dealer should be able to help.
Good luck. I found them all very helpful on the phone.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes, in the end, but its hard work getting back here inbetween work. Dealer doesn't want to drive to port, so only third party.
Sometimes you can think too deeply though, I mean what can go wrong in a just a few hours driving:D2 and a bit of form filling.
Indeed, what can go wrong? we were driving back last year from the Morelo factory but still in our Flair:LOL: just getting close to Gouda on the motorway and a car came in front of us OK no problem you are thinking But I think he forgot he had a trailer on, he did miss us but I commented along the lines of thank goodness we were not bringing a new van home on TP.

But as I say nothing actually happened and hasn't in the past 50,000 miles(y) shouldn't we have a "touch wood" emoji.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Indeed, what can go wrong? we were driving back last year from the Morelo factory but still in our Flair:LOL: just getting close to Gouda on the motorway and a car came in front of us OK no problem you are thinking But I think he forgot he had a trailer on, he did miss us but I commented along the lines of thank goodness we were not bringing a new van home on TP.

But as I say nothing actually happened and hasn't in the past 50,000 miles(y) shouldn't we have a "touch wood" emoji.

Martin

Don't say things like that, the difference is that you would have been covered for breakdown/accident etc, that's the problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back