Importing a bike from oz to uk

Discussion in 'Motorcycles and Motorhomes' started by Pommie, May 4, 2018.

  1. Pommie

    Pommie Funster

    Oct 15, 2017
    Hi all
    I have a 76 RD 400 C all stripped down ready for a resto job
    Now the misses wants to return back to the uk as her folks are getting on
    So I was wondering if anyone of you savvy people's has done the before
    or have any idea of what's involved with the kind people of the DVLA
    Thanks in advance
  2. Nasher

    Nasher Funster

    May 6, 2016
    First check that the engine & frame numbers are clearly visible and not tampered with

    If you don't have papers for proof of age relating to those numbers that is acceptable to DVLA, you will need a dating certificate from:

    You will also need it registering on the Nova database, this is to ensure that duty has been paid, a simple letter to HMRC with supporting documents and there should be no duty, but DVLA require proof via the NOVA database

    You to insure it on the frame number, have it MOT'd on the frame number and then apply to DVLA for an age related registration

    I know DVLA are not popular on this forum, but in my dealing with them, I have always found them to be very helpful

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice