jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I check my tyres quite often for pressure I have just had to order a new tyre for tomorrow as the front nearside has a slight bulge at a belt join in a couple of places .I do not remember hitting any potholes or kerbs but hey ho I found it and checked the others all ok .
So for people who do not check their tyres, not just the pressure PLEASE check not only the tread but have a good look for any deformity in the sidewalls as well mine I had to point it out to the tyre depot as it is quite small and hard to spot ( well I did work in a tyre factory for a long time)

[HI]It takes but a few mins to look carefully at your tyres so do it regularly it could save you a lot more than money[/HI]

I would have taken some pictures but it is so small you would not have seen clearly so here is one I found on the tinternet that is much worse but clear

Broken Link Removed

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, I'm sure there are many people who don't pay their tyres much attention. They seem to forget that they are the ONLY contact the vehicle has with the road and whatever vehicle part may break down or whatever other emergency occurs you rely on them to STOP the vehicle.

And I'll make another plug for Jim's pressure thingies while on the subject!:thumb:

Link Removed
Wyn

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have had a few blowouts in my driving career, but only one on a front wheel. Thankfully that one was going round a roundabout in France. I was only going slowly but had a job to hold it. A rear wheel blowout in a single rear wheeled motorhome at speed could quite easily put you off the road. A front wheel blowout at speed would more than likely put you off the road. If you were overtaking a truck when it happened, it would quite possibly kill you. Never take risks with tyres, ever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thats definitely impact damage and not a manufacturing fault.as i can see damage or rubber impact markings on the alloy rim directly below the tyre damage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back