Important - Peterborough Ralliers (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Due to the way Warners do things it is unlikely you will be able to get in tot he camping area as they have security on the gates from the camping area to the show/trade area... the day visitors come in at a different gate way.

Warners tend to stop anyone coming out (in to the camping fields) that does not have a wrist band .. i.e. day visitor.

Motor Home fun has a big smile face in yellow as it's flags we are not hard to find.. often you will see members with a tin badge with the same smile face... so you can always stop one of us and speak to us when we are in the show/trade area.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard:thumb:

You are correct Bob at most shows, but at Peterboro' there are not normally gates between the show & camping areas so visitors should be able to get to us.

They may of course change this year

Brian

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You are correct Bob at most shows, but at Peterboro' there are not normally gates between the show & camping areas so visitors should be able to get to us.

They may of course change this year

Brian
Depends on the camping area Brian. The last couple of years we have been inside the fences but previously we were outside and Scotjimland was unable to get to the Fun area when he went as a day visitor.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Depends on the camping area Brian. The last couple of years we have been inside the fences but previously we were outside and Scotjimland was unable to get to the Fun area when he went as a day visitor.

Crikey Graham.....outside the fences.....where did they park you lot then,Cambridge??? :whatthe::Doh:

I didn't realise anyone was parked that far out at Peterborough, are you sure it wasn't just that Jim had been banned ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Crikey Graham.....outside the fences.....where did they park you lot then,Cambridge??? :whatthe::Doh:

I didn't realise anyone was parked that far out at Peterborough, are you sure it wasn't just that Jim had been banned ?

About half the camping area is outside the fences, Brian. On the leaflet that came with the tickets, all of the General (blue) area and the adjacent pink area to the left of the road which runs roughly north-south is outside the fences.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
As you may know, the Funsters have a huge gathering (offers of cadacs for Sunday morning still welcome lol) and have outgrown the field we were using. We are led to believe that we will be just the other side of of the fence, the one that is at the back of our usual area (with the trees along it), slightly further from the show..... but not by much. As has been said, day visitors do not always have access to all the camping areas but if they find their way barred they can always meet up with badge and :Smile: wearing Funsters in the show. Jane ::bigsmile:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All,

As someone who has never been to Peterborough show I wonder if anyone can advise if water is easy to get at on arrival.

I normally fill up the RV with water before leaving home. But this one is a bit further so wondered if it makes more sense to fill up on arrival.

Best regards

Chris

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi All,

As someone who has never been to Peterborough show I wonder if anyone can advise if water is easy to get at on arrival.

I normally fill up the RV with water before leaving home. But this one is a bit further so wondered if it makes more sense to fill up on arrival.

Best regards

Chris

There are plenty of water points around, Chris. You shouldn't have any problems filling up at the show. We will have some water on board because we'll be going to Peterborough from another site but intend filling up when we get there.

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
There are plenty of water points around, Chris. You shouldn't have any problems filling up at the show. We will have some water on board because we'll be going to Peterborough from another site but intend filling up when we get there.

Thanks Graham.

Regards

Chris

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I would be interesting to know if

a) this meet will be the largest ever Funsters meet

b) Is this the largest single club meet that Warners have had at one of their shows ( if so maybe they will offer a bigger discount to funsters at other shows :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
number of m/h

just seen this on another site

'I have just received my tickets for Peterborough BUT they say camping with Motorhome Fun. I definitely put Motorhome F**** on the form'

how many more have this and vice verse-er :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

'I have just received my tickets for Peterborough BUT they say camping with Motorhome Fun. I definitely put Motorhome F**** on the form'

Hi, its very important you put the right club when booking. :thumb: But we always welcome new members, :winky: they have to be subscribers to rally with us. :ROFLMAO:
So check your tickets, and make sure they have Fun on them.:thumb:

When you enter the show ground you will see water taps along side the roadways, stop and fill up at your first opportunity, because there might not be a tap on our pitch.::bigsmile:

If Jim has put the signs out you will not have any trouble finding us. :winky::ROFLMAO:

But the Warners marshals will point you in the right direction. :thumb: Bob.

Last edited:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years

If it will be anything like Stratford last year there was a large area set out for Facts and I think 6 turned up but then 4 of those decided to join fun so came in our separate area and then promptly formed a circle - had their own little meet within a meet moaned at a few people and didn't join in with anything :Eeek: They were invited many times but declined:ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
and who did they moan at Bill?

If it will be anything like Stratford last year there was a large area set out for Facts and I think 6 turned up but then 4 of those decided to join fun so came in our separate area and then promptly formed a circle - had their own little meet within a meet moaned at a few people and didn't join in with anything :Eeek: They were invited many times but declined:ROFLMAO:

and who was it they moaned at Bill:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I certainly would not have been as accommodating as you... (Bill even moved his genny to the other end of his rig)...

They certainly had a meet within a meet.. very unsociable lot they were to.

Bob:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
water at last Malvern was bad

OK this is Peterborough.. but despite having several taps where MHF parked at Malvern it only came out as a trickle.. the further away we get the worse the pressure is.

If you have a problem with water needs.. do speak to me as I often collect water for others on my scooter.. water can be heavy and if you have a container you need filled, speak to me please (others do) and I would be happy to go and fill it to save you lugging it back... if you feel guilty just walk along with me to the taps.

I have been know to transport generators purchased at shows back to our pitch areas, lots of items purchased by people like Motor Romin (he buys up in bulk) .. even our Bill (landy lover has given in at times to have water as has others.. so do not be worried about asking.. also a good way to meet us... cannot miss me.. I am the one with the St Bernard or is she with me? plus I am in the Winnebago Aspect B class (one of the smaller RV's).. genuine offer.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard... p.s. or ask Bob and Jane - our marshals as they will know where they have parked me.:Sad:

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
thank you Bob we will take you up on that:thumb: if we may i do tend to over buy:Eeek::Blush::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm the one in the hat:RollEyes::RollEyes:
Bill

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Getting there! The following folk are the Funsters I need to click this link Broken Link Removed and fill in the form that appears :Smile:

BillandKath
Kafftan
Jerkins

Big apologies if I have added someone who has already filled it in!

Many thanks, Jane ::bigsmile:

Lastly... we have several missing 'vans' has someone booked with Warners as a Funster and not told us????

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Peterborough Ralliers

They'll just have to suffer us then :beer: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

S

bazP

Free Member
Aug 8, 2011
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
I am a newbie
peterboro show

To misquote Lonnie Donegan

I have missed out, am I too late?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Getting there! The following folk are the Funsters I need to click this link Broken Link Removed and fill in the form that appears :Smile:

BillandKath
Kafftan

Big apologies if I have added someone who has already filled it in!

Lastly... we have several missing 'vans' has someone booked with Warners as a Funster and not told us????

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

BillandKath
Kafftan

I have received the list from Warners, here are the surnames of people I need information from still:

Bott
Bradshaw
Farrell
Greenhaigh
Lockwood
Tudor
Whitbread
Whitworth

Two of those can be removed if they let me know who they are :Smile: Two are still to fill in the form above (but which ones are they?)

The other 4 :Doh: Who are you????

Many thanks, Jane

Last edited:

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012

BillandKath
Kafftan

I have received the list from Warners, here are the surnames of people I need information from still:

Bott
Bradshaw
Farrell
Greenhaigh
Lockwood
Tudor
Whitbread
Whitworth

Two of those can be removed if they let me know who they are :Smile: Two are still to fill in the form above (but which ones are they?)

The other 4 :Doh: Who are you????

Many thanks, Jane
maybe they got fun and facts mixed up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We couldn't book earlier as our youngest daughter was expecting and we wanted to be around for the big event.
It happened last night (well early this morning to be pedantic) so now we will be free for the show.
We're too late to pre-book with Warners but would still like to stop with the Funsters. Is it possible?
Mike

PS Daughter Julia and Grandaughter Eva (8lb 1oz) both doing fine after emergency C section

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Mike :Smile: many congratulations to you and your family on the safe arrival of the newest member ::bigsmile:
I am sorry to say that though you CAN still book camping with Warners you will be parked in general camping. Too late to park with Fun :Sad: You can though pop by and there will be loads of badge wearing Funsters to be found round the show. Hope to see you there, Jane :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back