Important info re Flojet Mascerators (1 Viewer)

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
I came across this on an American forum, which I thought was worth posting here:

After 22 month's of ownership, 8-12 uses, and only a one year warranty, my Flojet pump died. No longer under warranty, I disassembled the unit, and found burned and rusted motor armature, burned commutator bars, rusted and frozen armature bearings, and corroded internal motor housing.

............a replacement motor, and corresponding reseal kit would have exceeded to price of a new unit, which didn't set well with me.

Pleading my case to the ITT Corp, technical assistance person, they offered me a replacement motor, and reseal kit free of charge, and free of shipping charges.

Now, for those that own one of these, I advise you to check the 4 little acorn nuts that attach the plastic pump portion, (around the outer midsection of the pump) to the motor assembly. If they become loose, (not tight, but just snug), it will allow waste water to flow past the pump seal, and then into the motor, and you may never see an external leak, just as I didn't.

I shall certainly keep an eye on my little nuts:Blush:

Bruce

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yes i shall keep an eye on mine.

Tis one of my must have luxury items:RollEyes::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Bruce, I do not think your macerator will rust mate, not with all that good quality olive oil you consume on the continent. :rollonfloor:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back