Important If You Use Lastpass - Hacked. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
They have been hacked. Your passwords appear to be safe but you do need to login and change your master password.

Broken Link Removed

I think lastpass is excellent but I am not happy that they haven't emailed me to let me know about this. I found out by accident from a news site.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: It hasn't affected me because I have Multifactor authentication switched on and use a YubiKey.
Even if the hackers get my master password they can't log in unless they physically get hold of my Yubikey. At least lastpass got this bit right (y)

It might be worth anyone else who uses lastpass getting a yubikey.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
They have been hacked. Your passwords appear to be safe but you do need to login and change your master password.

Broken Link Removed

I think lastpass is excellent but I am not happy that they haven't emailed me to let me know about this. I found out by accident from a news site.
They haven't emailed me.......Are you sure it's not a scam??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Just received an email this morning from Lastpass. It does appear certain information has been compromised, although no passwords have been taken.

Brian

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
They haven't emailed me.......Are you sure it's not a scam??
Not a scam, the link i gave is from the LastPass site. It has been on all the news sites as well.
I did a google search to ensure the fact were correct before posting here.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know passwords are a pain but never been able to see how telling another website what they are is very safe(n)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I know passwords are a pain but never been able to see how telling another website what they are is very safe(n)

It is worse than that, They TEL you what your password is and it's so bloody complex that you need them to keep a record coz you sure as hell won't remember it........

ps I received an email from them today Karl explaining it all and suggesting I change the master password, so <Pa55word123> is no good any more, maybe I'll change it to <Qwerty456>

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back