Imminent buyer! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
rattay
Nov 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Imminent buyer!
Sounds good. I will have to wait until I have a van and work out the axle weight though.
Must admit If there's no problem with leaving a wheeled carrier on site I would be tempted to 'spread the loading' in that way.

Time will tell though, thanks for letting me know.

OP
OP
rattay
Nov 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Imminent buyer!
No sure if I should be posting still for advice on the intro forum and will post on another section if it's best?

So after the first full day's search online with a little bit more idea of the type of unit I am looking for, are there van makes best avoided?
I'm thinking now of ditching the camper van idea and just concentrating on motor homes.
I like the idea of sleeping above the cabin and having the rest of the room for living quarters without the need of making up a bed every night nor having a fixed fitted bed at the rear. Although as someone mentioned compromises will have to be made.

I've spotted a couple in my price range as they seem to be less sought after than the smaller camper vans and as I intend to use sites relatively long term at a time, the bigger the living area the better. Problem area is two I liked the look of turned out to be Talbot and I guess should be avoided with their corrosion history!
I suppose the biggest obstacle is the yearly MOT . I've always done my own servicing on vehicles but just the basics, fluid changes and brake issues basic maintenance only nowadays!

Any advice gratefully received

rattay

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back