Image file for Angles Morts sign (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Has anybody found an image file that I can download for these Angles Morts signs please. I want to print my own and laminate, that way I can stick them on temporarily and not worry if I lose some for them. I have tried Google but all of the results are for actually purchasing the stickers.

Many thanks for any help

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Does anyone know if there is a mandatory size for these?

The attachment is the .eps file converted to a .png if it's any use to anyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• angles-morts-seeklogo.eps.png
    angles-morts-seeklogo.eps.png
    278 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I just did a screenshot to print onto clingfilm vinyl. Worked fine. My customer ordered them with the truck not the gimmick motorhome. He ordered 100 and came back for a further 250. All the funsters must be buying them.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
If you want to send a stamped addressed envelope to me, Ill ship them pack 3 of for free. PM if required.
if Jim says it ok Ill post the same comments in classifieds

250 x 170 self adhesive waterpoof uv stable vinyl.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
For just £6.50 you can buy a set of motorhome specific ones on EBay

<Broken link removed>
Dont think these are legal , as the french regs only show truck and bus , these look like a cobbled up UK version (yellow rear number plate sort of gives it away) :) Fine when fully implemented quite steep :(

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
For just £6.50 you can buy a set of motorhome specific ones on EBay

<Broken link removed>
Lots on sale Robert. But I do not want to keep them stuck permanently on my motorhome. So want to get ones that I can blue tack at the front inside the cab's windows when needed. But at the back that won't work. The rubber suction ones will not hold for long, and the sticky ones will only be useful for a few take offs on put ons. So just stick them on with double sided tape and accept that I will have to keep replacing them.

Thanks for that, but I am not very good with software. The first one comes in an eps file and it appears I do not have the software to open that. The png one does not seem to be able to print big enough

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you want to send a stamped addressed envelope to me, Ill ship them pack 3 of for free. PM if required.
if Jim says it ok Ill post the same comments in classifieds

250 x 170 self adhesive waterpoof uv stable vinyl.
Thank you of that kind offer but will they be able to be taken off multiple times please?

See my previous post for how I would like to you us them

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you of that kind offer but will they be able to be taken off multiple times please?

There are 2 types of main vinyl used for things like this, one perm, that can yes still be removed (best with a hair drer etc) and one called removebale that comes off easier, (still best with a hair drier) but is classed as removeable and slight resuable. We are naturally using the better removebale for these but even these after one or 2 uses become not good as they stretch when removing.
They can also be done on magnetic, but they are a lot more expensive obviously, but you get longevity from them (and even resale if you no longer need them), I can work out funster discount on them if its called for. Guessing ?? pack of 3 about £15.00 incl postage (heavier).
like these here https://www.safety-label.co.uk/products/blind-spot-angles-morts-truck-magnetic-sign

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
There are 2 types of main vinyl used for things like this, one perm, that can yes still be removed (best with a hair drer etc) and one called removebale that comes off easier, (still best with a hair drier) but is classed as removeable and slight resuable. We are naturally using the better removebale for these but even these after one or 2 uses become not good as they stretch when removing.
They can also be done on magnetic, but they are a lot more expensive obviously, but you get longevity from them (and even resale if you no longer need them), I can work out funster discount on them if its called for. Guessing ?? pack of 3 about £15.00 incl postage (heavier).
like these here https://www.safety-label.co.uk/products/blind-spot-angles-morts-truck-magnetic-sign
Thanks again for the help. Magnetic won't work as I have an A class and the surfaces are all aluminium.

My idea is just to print and laminate them and use double sided tape to take them on and off. If the tape looses its sticky I can replace, and if they blow off in use I can keep a few more spare in the motorhome.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
My idea is just to print and laminate them and use double sided tape to take them on and off.
thats a good idea. DOnt use gorilla tape or such stuff.
its a balance between losing them(fine) and keeping them on not too harshly, use as small amounts of tape as you can.
Im sure 3m do a removebale spray glue ??

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
its a balance between losing them(fine) and keeping them on not too harshly, use as small amounts of tape as you can.
Yep, but to do it I need an image file that I can use to print. And I only have Word to work it. The problem with the png file is that the picture is sat in such a large frame that I can't get it big enough and still keep it all on the paper! And from that you will see that I am a compete amateur when it comes to image manipulation.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Go to "Print Preview" and use the "Shrink to Fit"

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Go to "Print Preview" and use the "Shrink to Fit"
That won't work. The problem is that picture file has large margins of white, and I can't manipulate it to get it big enough on the page because it won't let the margin go off the paper.

But all is not lost. I have an A3 printer and a ream of A3 paper that I bought 20 years ago! So I changed the paper size to A3 and made it landscape and managed to get it all on. Then trimmed it and laminated. So here is what it looks like.

20211002_203053.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Instead of using the sticky backing you could instead use something like Transpaseal or similar over the top so it overlaps the edges which would allow you to stick it to your MH, you can then remove it and re-stick as/when required, this is best done with a laminated version though so if you do need to remove/renew the Transpaseal you won't damage the front of the sticker. Another alternative is sticky Velcro.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
even the ones in classifieds tbh, dont have to be "fully" stuck on. you could just peel away a 1/2 inch strip all around from the edge of the rear backing and stick that way , instead of the full area.

edit: or even apply your own tape to the rear ?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I reckon you would have to really annoy a Gendarme for him to fine you for having the wrong picture :LOL:

I'm going to keep peeling mine off and on until the fall to bits, by which time it will have been forgotten about.

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
I have reluctantly ordered 2 magnetic ones and a sticky one. I have some paint protection film and now some suckers on order! I really want to avoid damaging the paint seal we paid to have put on the van by putting these signs on! I will probably leave them in a locker as well!

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
What about them photo frame stickers that have like a velcro on two sides

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Many thanks for your help everybody. I now have 6 home made laminated Angle Mort signs that are the right size. And one that is the wrong size :doh: :doh:

Now I just need some suggestions on double sided tape that sticks well but can be peeled off easily.

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Many thanks for your help everybody. I now have 6 home made laminated Angle Mort signs that are the right size. And one that is the wrong size :doh: :doh:

Now I just need some suggestions on double sided tape that sticks well but can be peeled off easily.
I’m sure Nano tape can do this, never used it myself but have heard others say it’s good, Amazon sell it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back