I'm Sorry Munchie!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Following my post about the lovely camper stop at El Campello we now have a mini Funster meet with the arrival of DoubleD, DevonBeekeeper and Tosan. I have therefore decided to cook them my giant chicken and chorizo paella tomorrow night and have invited them all to join us. Now I know your are in England Munchie (@Munchie) but knowing how much you enjoyed my paella I am extending the invitation to you and Steph to join us if you can get here by tomorrow. Don't worry if you can't make it as I will post pictures for you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Tomorrow.....weather permitting.....i will get the barbie out and do my " special"!!!

Diced chicken, mussels and prawns with thinly sliced leeks and mushrooms cooked to perfection, then add the rice, fry off with a VERY large glug of white wine!!!

So there!!!!! :moon2:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well I want to know why I wasn't "special" enough to warrant you cooking that for me when I was at Parc Verger. Sulk :swear2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
And just in case you are missing us here we are in Alicante today
image.jpg

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Diced chicken, mussels and prawns with thinly sliced leeks and mushrooms cooked to perfection, then add the rice, fry off with a VERY large glug of white wine!!!

So that`s another Mc D`s then.... :giggler:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I'm with Judgemental - I just can't cope with shellfish or squid, though I enjoy crustaceans and fish. Then there's too much carb in the rice for one meal anyway, and since all the protein is mixed with it I'd always have to have a heap more than I want, in order to get enough protein. And all the rice tastes so fishy, I think it's horrid.

But it smells absolutely delicious, and looks the same ! First time I had an entirely open mind as I'd never tried it, took one forkful and had to throw up.

Left it a few years then tried again - same result - the taste literally revolts me. I'm still always quite envious !

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sorry @sedge I love fish and shell fish as well. My post was just a joke re missing it! Had one years ago in the Canaries that gave us food poisoning that did not put us off.....

@Coolbeanz wish I had stayed on for this May half term week as Mrs Mental giving me stick saying she could have flown over for the week..Ah well I can't win! nothing new there!:)

Have fun Eddie

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Sorry @sedge I love fish and shell fish as well. My post was just a joke re missing it!

@Coolbeanz wish I had stayed on for this May half term week as Mrs Mental giving me stick saying she could have flown over for the week..Ah well I can't win! nothing new there!:)

Have fun Eddie
I will make sure you get paella next time we meet (y)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Tomorrow.....weather permitting.....i will get the barbie out and do my " special"!!!

So there!!!!! :moon2:
Well the weather is beautiful at Chateau Munchie, sitting looking at it as I type

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Looking good you two. How long are you out there for? We seem to be rotating around the UK and Europe in the same direction at opposite ends!! Destined never to meet up on the road:doh:
We are here until end of September. Will probably head to south of France early July. Have something to tell you so will pm you later (y)

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Had a really nice paella at a restaurant in torrevieja a few years ago, all the usual stuff included, enjoyed it, a few days later we went to cartegna on the harbour side, thought I'd have another one, but this was a more modern cafe for want of a better word, terrible, it came on a round silver tray with a black plastic type insert, and quite frankly it was horrible, it was the modern day version of out your fridge and into the microwave that is not a real Spanish paella, think it was one by Birds Eye, or is that an insult to Birds Eye:(:confused::swear:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back