Free Member
Feb 21, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
POp tOp
Exp
7 years
Been keen to meet up with solo travellers for a while but hadn't realised this section was available. i would like to talk to other female solo travellers as there don,t seem to be too many of us and it gets lonely some times.
P.s I,ve been on meets with the boys but they did spent a lot of time tinkering under their bonnets:winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi katirene, we have a couple of lady solo travellers, I'm sure they will shout up when they see your post:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Katirene, its a mans thing ' playing under the bonnet', welcome ::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi you need to come to a Southern meet, no under bonnet tinkerers here, maybe try the Carmarthen meet in April or the Shepton Mallet show in Sept both have a number of solos who would welcome you, besides the rest of us don't differentiate. Must be a sourthern thing, hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

katirene

Free Member
Feb 21, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
POp tOp
Exp
7 years
Thanks for invite to the deep south. Devon is about 600miles for me, one way but it sounds worth it if only for the no tinkering. I'm just heading towards a life of summer in Scotland / winter on the continent , so I'll arrange my "south" adventures just before i hop on ,or off a ferry. Anybody else about to move into "travelling life" and finding it a bit scarey, although very exciting. My main concern is how many locals (pubs) can one woman have. Answers appreciated to both questions.K.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
That's completely different Dodgy! That's religion... and anyway if I was with company I would turn the sound off! :)

JJ

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Hi Katirene. Welcome from another solo lady.

I've been known to tinker under a bonnet occasionally - but only when I can't find someone else to do it for me. :roflmto:

OP
OP
K

katirene

Free Member
Feb 21, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
POp tOp
Exp
7 years
helpppppppppppppp

I must confess to know what you mean Caztur and i am ashamed to say it but feminine guile can some times save the day but only if i am really desperate. Engines have always confused me and have found that a few beers in the fridge can be fair exchange for a bit of engine knowledge. Does feminism really deplore this atitude or is it just being realistic
p.s idon't mind if the knowledge comes from a male or a female
p.p.s i can put oil in now

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

katirene

Free Member
Feb 21, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
POp tOp
Exp
7 years
Vac. cleaner/ white wine

i know what white wine is , whats a vac. cleaner? :Doh:The joy of a very small van is the wine bottle is bigger than a brush

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
van

i know what white wine is , whats a vac. cleaner? The joy of a very small van is the wine bottle is bigger than a brush

Nice one :ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i know what white wine is , whats a vac. cleaner? :Doh:The joy of a very small van is the wine bottle is bigger than a brush

We have a cheap, very cheap, Russian vac. It is brilliant for flies. No more squashed flies on the walls, just suck 'em up.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
I did consider adding 'Hoover' so that the girls :)Rofl1:) would know what I meant by 'vacuum cleaner' :Doh:

You'll be telling us that you don't know what a duster is ......:whatthe: :)BigGrin:::bigsmile:)

:Smile:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I always thought that the idea of getting away from it all included getting away from the housework - including dusting:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
S

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Have duster, will travel :Cool:

... gotta keep up one's standards init, cos we're not yoofs anymore ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
K

katirene

Free Member
Feb 21, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
POp tOp
Exp
7 years
Dusters etc.

I cann't believe i'm discussing "house" work but i have said to many people who stay in wheelless houses that one of the great pleasures of living in a motorhome is that you can do your "house" work in a beautiful location. On the odd occassion when i do get out the mr sheen(1 tin lasts for several years ) i head for a spot with a nice view. Aren't we the lucky ones?

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
......you can do your "house" work in a beautiful location....

That, me old chuck-a-butty, is what it's all about :thumb:

(btw it's OK to discuss domestic trivia among the cognoscenti ::bigsmile:)

tantanell

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
trawling through europe
Funster No
Exp
camping forever.motorhoming 8years
hi Katerine, wish you well on your travels. I hope to be on my way one day in the not too distant future. you're right, there doesnt seem to be many women travelling on their own or do you think they keep it a secret?? :Smile:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Greetings from a fellow solo traveller!

I think men are wonderful...if I have a problem with my 'van, I just stand there with a screwdriver and a puzzled look and they appear out of nowhere :winky:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
I think you women are wonderful to. That is if you can help me with my vacuum cleaner if you down my way cant find the on switch and the instruction book is in Spanish:ROFLMAO:

Karen1

Free Member
Jun 7, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Another solo female....

Just to redress the balance in the replies...

I'm a solo female traveller too - although as I was brought up with a garage being the family business I know a little about what goes on under the bonnet and used to spend some time there!

However as I'm no longer 25 (now over 50 and early retired), nor quite so poor, these days I plump for regular servicing by the dealer - which means I don't have to do more than top up the fluids, oil the hinges and blow up the tyres occasionally!!!....

I also regularly replace the plastic carpet protector the van came with - making it easy to 'brush' clean whilst also releasing space and weight for extra cans of beer or bottles, that otherwise would need to be taken up by the vacuum.

I am however a long way from Scotland - in Somerset, so handy for the Shepton Mallet show!! Let me know if you're this way.

I've just come back from 3 months travelling around Switzerland, Italy and France... especially when I was in southern Italy, I found that much lonelier than Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal and France last year. Although if anyone else tells me that I must be 'very brave' to go off travelling abroad alone, I think I'll scream!!!

Next trip just down the road to Glastonbury Festival (with a old school friend accompanying me on that one!). The maybe Benelux/or Scandanavia later in the summer if the weather's OK...

Happy travels. Karen

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Katriene, we are off to live in our motorhome as soon as we can shift this pile of bricks holding us down, we are a couple but not biased who we talk to!
We are going for a 'gap' or as long as it takes to get civilisation/stress out of our systems, then we intend to try our hands at wardening at a campsite-probably one of the big UK ones.
Have fun and maybe we will see you on the road one day.:thumb::thumb:

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
Hi Katirene And good on you.

Don't listen to JJ. He has a harem of women to do his chores while he watches footy and swots up on quiz questions...:winky:

I think you'll find that with modern vehicles there's quite a lot even us chaps can't do anything with. Too much electronics. Anyway, we just open the bonnet to pretend we know what we're doing !

I think Janine has the right idea. It's amazing what you can get get done with just a batting of the eyelashes.. Works on me anyway :Smile:

happy trails

Tony

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Tony.... you're dumped!!!!!! If you can be led astray by a pair of fluttering eyelashes you're as bad as my past experiences....:ROFLMAO:

Any men out there who long for companionship, faithfullness????? No! Didn't think so!:Eeek:

See you all on my travels.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back