I'm on the change, so where do I go from here? (1 Viewer)

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
Can you narrow down to a specific model number, rear lounge and is there good back up with dealers?
Thanks

I don't mean to offend but that kind of question puzzles me. The guy indicates you two brands. They both have extensive websites in English with descriptions, photos, and plans of their models. You know what you're looking for better than anyone. Hopefully.

So, while I understand asking about other people experiences with a brand or a dealer, I have a harder time understanding why you ask other people to indicate which models would suit you.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

The trouble is the longer you keep them the greater the gap to renew them. Same with cars.

Also, the Apache is my first MH and much has been learnt since!

Apart from water ingress warranty, anything else that goes wrong will be up to me to fix.

My Psychiatrist, (AKA Wifey), will say spend it while you can 'cos you can't take it with you!

So yes, it's time to renew soon.
I have another view. You have a budget of £80K which will buy a new van of a certain standard and quality. Or one two or three years old of a much higher standard and of possibly better quality, likely with a few toys fitted, and all warranty work taken care of. It's not about saving money it is about making best use of whatever you choose to spend. My current van had lost £40K in less than four years and had 3500 miles on it when I bought it.

Love your avatar - is that a Greyhound? :D

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
We are not big people but if you drop soap, flannel etc in the shower, there is no room to bend down without hitting your bum and your head on the opposite walls.

“Soap on a rope” does away with the problem of slapping bum and head on the opposite walls of the shower enclosure. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
I don't mean to offend but that kind of question puzzles me. The guy indicates you two brands. They both have extensive websites in English with descriptions, photos, and plans of their models. You know what you're looking for better than anyone. Hopefully.

So, while I understand asking about other people experiences with a brand or a dealer, I have a harder time understanding why you ask other people to indicate which models would suit you.

I'm surprised why you don't understand why I'm asking for help searching for well made vans with rear lounge and decent sized showers!
I don't think Google will give me any better answers than the wide experience of this forum.

Until yesterday, I never have heard of a 'Frankia i 740 t', but now having watched a few youtube video's it seems a good possibility to add to my list.

I expect there are more suitable motorhomes I have never heard of that someone will suggest.

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
I'm surprised why you don't understand why I'm asking for help searching for well made vans with rear lounge and decent sized showers!

I never said that.

I don't think Google will give me any better answers than the wide experience of this forum.

I never mentionned Google.

StephDeLux

Free Member
May 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
ML-T 560 built
Exp
Since 2010
I'm surprised that changing after 3 years is not the norm.

That's because at £80K you're at the very low end of the market. It is serious people with real means who change their motorhome every 3 years. But of course those avoid the cheap stuff, their budget is more around 200K£. At that budget you can expect something that will withstand the hardships of 3 full years of usage. I mean, for the week-ends. Actually, most of them change the MH every even year. The odd year it is the car, you see.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm curious when people say the like the u shape lounge for the views and for comfort

After all is THIS not a u shape lounge with all round view and the most comfortable fully adjustable seats in the house ?
20191111_130748.jpg

And you dont have beds to make up

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm curious when people say the like the u shape lounge for the views and for comfort

After all is THIS not a u shape lounge with all round view and the most comfortable fully adjustable seats in the house ?View attachment 345013

And you dont have beds to make up

Totally agree with you Tam on both counts., even with your 'Teeny-weeny' front window. With our 'huge' one we can see the top of Mt Blanc from Lac Leman - nearly. Come and try it sometime.

You forgot to add that a rear 'U' lounge does not permit a garage.

P.S. Why the interior mirror?

Is it to keep an eye on your 'kids'?

Do your make up at traffic lights?

Trim the beard?

OR just admire yourself?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Has a French bed so will have some visibility out of the rear window.
The question were to only stir the wee Jock.

We could probably see summat out of rear window if we had an interior mirror - but not much, and anyway I have been driving on wing mirrors in vans, trucks and MH for so long I do not look at the interior mirror in our car.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Totally agree with you Tam on both counts., even with your 'Teeny-weeny' front window. With our 'huge' one we can see the top of Mt Blanc from Lac Leman - nearly. Come and try it sometime.

You forgot to add that a rear 'U' lounge does not permit a garage.

P.S. Why the interior mirror?

Is it to keep an eye on your 'kids'?

Do your make up at traffic lights?

Trim the beard?

OR just admire yourself?
You're such a size queen

Overcompensating?

Anyway I can see pretty good out my rear window ....better than the camera really hence the rear view mirror.

It's also saved my fridge hinges a few times but that's another story lol

But for layout I'd be hard pushed to leave this design , I've had 3 motorhomes with front lounge now and think it's way better than a rear lounge

But horses for courses as they say

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I'm with the OP, i.e. I like the rear lounge set-up and if you get a nice one then it's a win-win. The window views are not as great as the front bench seats though (from what I've seen) but I could manage with my feet up on the couch.

We've been so close to biying a rear lounge option on several occasions and it would be one of the Frankia vans for sure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back