KathleenW

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Still researching .....
Exp
Have owned caravans and camper vans in the past.
Hello, you all seem such nice, helpful, friendly people, generous with your time and advice to newbies, witty too!

I will retire next March and I'm planning to buy myself a motorhome. I'm a bit of a nomad already, and hope to 'full-time tour' most of the year at least. I've owned tents and camper vans in the past so know I'll enjoy the lifestyle.

I won't be able to do much more than check the oil and water myself but I'm hoping if I choose my van wisely and get it properly regularly serviced I shouldn't have too many problems!??

I would like to thank you all for the wealth of motorhome knowledge and inspiration you have already unknowing given me by my reading this forum, from the difference between grey and black water to ...always smell for damp when viewing a van. It's very reassuring to know I have someone to go to for advice.

Thanks again I look forward to meeting or waving at some of you in the future.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome Kathleen !
Exciting times ahead and the time of your posting looks like you are part of Insomiacs R us club!!! Or you on a shift.
Join in the fun and ask away and we may see you on a rally ! Best way to meet us mad lot!!!:WelcomeFlag:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Welcome on board Kathleen. Sounds like retirement just another door opening to you, and good luck with finding a motorhome.

welcome.jpg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome aboard, what a nice introduction, good luck on finding your van, any questions just ask.
:welcomesign:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm new, may I join you?
Certainly, come in, and welcome to you Kathleen. :)

Happy searching on here for the info you need, helping you to source the right MH. The layout is possibly the most important factor in the search, as that can either make, or break the dream. Getting it wrong can also be horrendously expensive. :(

Good luck. (y)

Jock. :)

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I won't be able to do much more than check the oil and water myself but I'm hoping if I choose my van wisely

Not quite got my eyes focused yet. I read that as “choose my man wisely” :giggler::giggler:

Was gonna say there are some good ones about on Fun...even as friends.

Welcome to Fun.

3513ACF8-F19F-4C25-B872-25A7F901C171.jpeg

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Welcome Kathleen. It is a bit of a mad house on here at times, but there are loads of friendly helpful people on this forum. I have met some great folks who I now consider to be true friends. When you are looking to buy your MH do check out the classifieds on here - there are some lovely MH's listed at times.

Enjoy the forum and good luck with your new adventure.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Here is my new welcome video - beer, dogs and a home on wheels. What more do you need?

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hello & welcome to Fun

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
:welco:
Welcome to the mad house! Great fun , lots of help , many friendships made. And if you are a night owl I may see you over the next 4?weeks cos I am visiting family in Australia and my jet lag may coincide with your night time posts :D

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello,good evening,and welcome. Henceforth thou shall be known as Kathleen the Nomad.
Happy Nomadding.

OP
OP
KathleenW

KathleenW

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Still researching .....
Exp
Have owned caravans and camper vans in the past.
Hello, thank you everyone for the amazing 'Fun' welcome, especially the welcome drink DBK! I'll start checking the classifieds, when I find where it is, thanks for the hint Cal54. I hope you all have a fun day!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back