Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Does it matter if it is a windup, on the off chance it is someone in dire need of help then help should be offered.
1)The smell if coming from the black tank can be solved by introducing bio washing up liquid, if the van is not hooked up to the mains then you need to empty the tank.
2)If the smell is coming from the sink/shower then it is the grey tank, again it should be emptied. you can add a couple of bottles of cheap coke cola to clean the tank.
3)It is possible the smell is from the batteries if they are old and overcharging. Change the batteries/charger or stop charging them.
4) if nowhere to empty the black tank then pee in a bucket and dispose of it outdoors far away from the van so as not to encourage rats.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..

my vet always swore that copious amounts of fresh water and some elbow grease was the best for cleaning and washing away nasty smells and then letting fresh air in..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We had that awful smell when our leisure battery was failing. Disconnect the battery and see if smell goes?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Do as Wildman says above, then air the van as much as possible. The batteries MUST be checked.

Bicarbonate of soda ( widely available in U.S. Try Walmart-- cleaning aisle) make a paste of bicarbonate and water and clean all hard surfaces with that.

Have you got chemical in the toilet? Buy a box of cheapest biological laundry powder and put a cup measure in the toilet cassette or down the toilet if it goes into a black tank.

White vinegar will also kill any mould and bad smells but don't mix with the bicarbonate unless you want a fountain!!!

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
We had that awful smell when our leisure battery was failing. Disconnect the battery and see if smell goes?
What a great way to explode. That will sort the smell out. Never disconnect a battery that is letting out gasses.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well whatever happened , either gassed her self or blew up, she seems to have gone

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Make sure the plugholes are all plugged.

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Err and in the U.S. They don't call them motorhomes but always RV's
Wind up for sure .
LC

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Err and in the U.S. They don't call them motorhomes but always RV's
Wind up for sure .
LC

"A recreational vehicle (RV) is, in North America, the usual term for a motor vehicle or trailer equipped with living space and amenities found in a home. Several definitions exist for RVs and vary by region, including "caravan", "camper van" and "motorhome", but are also used to designate different types of vehicles outside North America, hence "RV" is preferred."

I believe in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt until proven different. who cares if it's a wind up (or trolling).... this a pretty poor example if it is. Now if you want to see how its done look at my incendiary posts over on the dark side:D

Last edited:

redjohn151

Free Member
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer b534
Exp
I'm a newbie
Your friend didn't buy the RV off a Mister Walter White did they?
He wasn't that nice.
Although he was a good cook

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You can take the girl out of London .......:) but you can't loose your St Reatham's accent ! Or sense of humour,here in Oxford they can't understand me accent .....family still there .
LC

Oxfordshite? Do you live in a castle? How do you protect yourselves against the local Savage's? A move to far moi finks....:)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Most locals in Oxfordshi?e originally came from somewhere else - in my case a place even MORE savage... but I don't wear my woad every day now, Oxford is a civilising place.

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Most locals in Oxfordshi?e originally came from somewhere else - in my case a place even MORE savage... but I don't wear my woad every day now, Oxford is a civilising place.
Oxfordshite? Do you live in a castle? How do you protect yourselves against the local Savage's? A move to far moi finks....:)
Well I am surprised that you don't still wear your woad Viennese, it's safer I think:))
And Judge, as I had a good education, in Norwood, we learnt to protect ourselves. No one messes with a St Reatham's girl.....
Plus they don't understand my put downs, how I miss the London banter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back