I'm having a 'wish I was in France' day (1 Viewer)

Chdandme

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
East Kilbride
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
Anybody ever wake in the morning and look outside at the weather, look at chores for the day and just think 'wish I was in France' (Spain, Portugal, Croatia anywhere as long as it is) in the MH. I have now got one of those count down apps on the iPad, and I am counting down to being mortgage free. I somehow equate this with motorhome travel and think about it constantly.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'm thinking about going away and we only just got back 2 days ago

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chdandme

Chdandme

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
East Kilbride
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
I'm thinking about going away and we only just got back 2 days ago
We are always like that. Any time away is never long enough. Don't think I was made to stay in one place for too long. I just like being on the move. :)
Where were you?:rolleyes:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We stopped in France on the way too and from Tuscany - a couple of nights in each direction.
It was a bit cold and damp in France but once you crossed the Alps, Tuscany was warm and sunny. It was like we caught the last bit of summer
Happy days .........

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes there is always somewhere calling that needs our investigation, how lucky are we with motorhomes having that option. :Smile:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I know the feeling. I fly back to the UK in a weeks time and might go over to France for a couple of weeks. I purchased a set of Gas adaptors earlier in the year and the French one did not work so I may have to go over to test it. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Chdandme

Chdandme

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
East Kilbride
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
I know the feeling. I fly back to the UK in a weeks time and might go over to France for a couple of weeks. I purchased a set of Gas adaptors earlier in the year and the French one did not work so I may have to go over to test it. :rolleyes:
Most definitely! You should make haste to France upon your return. Can't loose sleep worrying about the gas adaptor and whether it is going to be suitable. :france:

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Anybody ever wake in the morning and look outside at the weather, look at chores for the day and just think 'wish I was in France' (Spain, Portugal, Croatia anywhere as long as it is) in the MH. I have now got one of those count down apps on the iPad, and I am counting down to being mortgage free. I somehow equate this with motorhome travel and think about it constantly.

Well, we are mortgage free, and both now retired, and we still can't get away nearly as much as we'd like.
Today is especially bad, grey, wet and windy, and it'll be dark in a couple of hours.
Sitting here with feet up, looking at my "sandal-tan" from France, and planning.

OP
OP
Chdandme

Chdandme

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
East Kilbride
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
Well, we are mortgage free, and both now retired, and we still can't get away nearly as much as we'd like.
Today is especially bad, grey, wet and windy, and it'll be dark in a couple of hours.
Sitting here with feet up, looking at my "sandal-tan" from France, and planning.
Retirement seems so far away cause they keep moving the goalposts that we need to look at a time that is a bit more realistic. So that time we hope will be when we are mortgage free. Although we will still need to work. Or if we ever strike it lucky with the euro millions.
:restmycase:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Bet you its blowing a gale in E.K. No wonder your wishing you were in France :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
EK always seems to get it worse than the surrounding area.
How do you get to be a life member?(n)
Pay £100, it was an offer several weeks ago

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Yep....any cold wet grey day and I dream of sunnier climes....South Africa in particular. Get the house sold and we will be off on our travels too. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back