LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Most places don't mind the wildcamping,but people have really abused it,so looks like enough is enough

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

"As Councillor Hector Diez – responsible for roads and traffic – said, “You cannot park up and stay overnight in your caravan anywhere on the public highway.”"

caravan maybe not, but if he is referring to motorhomes he really does need to learn & understand the law.
Broken Link Removed

3.1 /2 & 3.1/3b

Broken Link Removed

Those shown in the photo in the OP's link would all be illegal as they are parking across the bays.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Lol yeah and the police really care,the law is whatever they wanna do at that time,fight it later,lol,argue the toss,but ppl have been taking the piss for to long,and now they have decided enough is enough,stay a couple days,then move on,but some parkup permanently

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
"As Councillor Hector Diez – responsible for roads and traffic – said, “You cannot park up and stay overnight in your caravan anywhere on the public highway.”"

caravan maybe not, but if he is referring to motorhomes he really does need to learn & understand the law.
Broken Link Removed

3.1 /2 & 3.1/3b

Broken Link Removed

Those shown in the photo in the OP's link would all be illegal as they are parking across the bays.
Let us know how you get on...

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Lol yeah and the police really care,the law is whatever they wanna do at that time,fight it later,lol,argue the toss,but ppl have been taking the piss for to long,and now they have decided enough is enough,stay a couple days,then move on,but some parkup permanently
True ,I'm never likely to find myself in the situation .

Let us know how you get on...
You just call the Guardia as it will be the Policía local, who work for the mayor, who will be doing the fining. If they are spouting nonsense then just denounce them as well.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the real problem is its also the ex pats that do most of the complaining . its like they are jealous of m,homers . they waste alot of their money buying these posh places abroad then really arent so keen on it, but get annoyed about others having fun and enjoying life .
as to the councils its probably the same folk that wasted money having the ilegal m,home signs made and put up.
dont think many understand the law but would like to boss everyone thats around them.
and the english written papers in spain ,well they really are in another world .

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Still better than UK,at least here 1thing u can do is dump rubbish in any bin,UK bins are like safe deposit boxes,

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
I have wild camped,all around europe,and i never concidered myself a freeloader,unlike some wherever i went i spent money in the place i stopped.some contribute,nothing,

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
This article says they're going to stop you sleeping in a parked motorhome?
https://www.pressreader.com/spain/costa-blanca-news-south-edition/20180330/281651075662026
But it cannot be done within the framework of national laws. Any attempt would be illegal.
They have the same situation in Calpe , albeit the MH's are parked correctly longways in the correct parking bays , & the local councilor there only last week stated that an answer would be sought but it had to be within the framework of national legislation, Which allows all activities in a parked vehicle with no differentiation as to type.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
But it cannot be done within the framework of national laws. Any attempt would be illegal.
They have the same situation in Calpe , albeit the MH's are parked correctly longways in the correct parking bays , & the local councilor there only last week stated that an answer would be sought but it had to be within the framework of national legislation, Which allows all activities in a parked vehicle with no differentiation as to type.
its not national law its eu law.
many try to cheat. i mean councils etc try cheating.
just abide by the rules and your ok.
mind in spain it took lots of convoys over the years of m,homes to get many councils to listen. did several cadiz to la linea ones years ago.
but the 2008 rules are the ones to follow .

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Jesus, I've started something here,it don't matter,what will be will be,just chill and manana,

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Here in Cornwall we had the same problem, but the Council has started to crack down on it. Still a problem on the Lizard and Kynance Cove with EU based M/Hs.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
mind in spain it took lots of convoys over the years of m,homes to get many councils to listen. did several cadiz to la linea ones years ago.

If you think EU have started rules relating to parking restrictions in Members States I would like to see you quote them, please.

Geoff

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years

It isn't EU Law.
Road traffic laws are for the national governments of each individual Member States to set /amend for their country, not the EU as a single unit.

Spanish road traffic laws come from Spain's national government.
Just as UK roads traffic laws are made /amended by the UK government.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Arghhhh,stop the thread i wanna get off,

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
It isn't EU Law.
Road traffic laws are for the national governments of each individual Member States to set /amend for their country, not the EU as a single unit.

Spanish road traffic laws come from Spain's national government.
Just as UK roads traffic laws are made /amended by the UK government.
strabge that after the spanish m,home clubs took the govt to the eu courts the 08/v-74 seems to use eu law as its base.
also they cant stop you sleeping as its not allowed to drive when tired . and as for eating . is chewing gum or having a sweet eating or not.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
They’ll get round it by imposing timed restrictions on parking.
Simple.
That’ll sort out the FLT’s :moon2:

:imoutahere:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
They’ll get round it by imposing timed restrictions on parking.
Simple.
That’ll sort out the FLT’s :moon2:

:imoutahere:
so long as any time restrictions apply to cars as well as m,homes thats ok.
its all down to the category m and m1 that cars and then motorhomes are .
dont worry there are many of us watching just how or what councils and govt are doing .
if they get it wrong we jump on them.
its amazing how they get things wrong . signage . names of roads etc .
think many involved in trying to catch us ,cant read and understand the law they say they are enforcing . sometimes having to return millions of pounds in wrongful fines .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back