Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
From the Ashford Herald.

TWO suspected illegal immigrants were spotted on an M20 slip road this morning.

The overhead signs warned motorists that there were pedestrians in the road.

Read more at Broken Link Removed

Before we left to go through the tunnel for a 6 week tour of Europe, we read lots of scare stories about illegal immigrants targeting Motorhomes at Calais. The reports highlighted how dog owners were vulnerable because the wannabe immigrants waited at the Pet control area and climbed under Motorhomes. We were worried and were vigilant when we parked for the Pet passport to be checked and stamped. We saw no illegal immigrants at all, not a one, On previous trips we saw scores of them around Calais and in the Tunnel area, dozens seen trudging along the motorway approaches. This trip nothing, so it's either scaremongering or the authorities have done a fine job! We had a great 6 weeks, were there illegals? any reports from "funsters"

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Maybe they've checked the weather forecast and decided the land of hope, glory and free benefits ain't worth coming to in the winter so they are heading for the sun instead

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi,They are still around,we stopped for some wine at the pidou and when i came out my wife said that about a dozen had gone in the back of a lorry,so we waited until the driver came out and he then he rounded up six drivers, who then went in the back and got them out ,they then went back in the bushes to wait for the next lorry to come along,and all the drivers checked under and in their lorrys,this is away from the port by a short distance,but they know it is a good place away from the security,so another way to do it ,so be carefull out there this is not the first time we have seen things like this,one part of Calais is full of makeshift tents full of them,regards.
H

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Maybe they've checked the weather forecast and decided the land of hope, glory and free benefits ain't worth coming to in the winter so they are heading for the sun instead

Praise be to GOD! (If there is one.) (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
kglblue

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
Wer'e off again in April, meandering our way to Bordeaux, retired and loving it.
You can't really blame the poor buggers for wanting to come to Blighty, land of milk and honey. Or so they think, according to newspaper reports I read, they can't get any benefits because they're illegals. But London is the draw, they can easily get work in the black economy, poor pay, no tax, no questions, whereas it's near impossible in Paris or Berlin. Apparently we are pretty lax so they make it their destination of choice. Course, I read this in the Daily Mail so it could be bullshit. Any way UK born and bred, it's like winning the lottery.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Wer'e off again in April, meandering our way to Bordeaux, retired and loving it.
You can't really blame the poor buggers for wanting to come to Blighty, land of milk and honey. Or so they think, according to newspaper reports I read, they can't get any benefits because they're illegals. But London is the draw, they can easily get work in the black economy, poor pay, no tax, no questions, whereas it's near impossible in Paris or Berlin. Apparently we are pretty lax so they make it their destination of choice. Course, I read this in the Daily Mail so it could be bullshit. Any way UK born and bred, it's like winning the lottery.

True. (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I like it here. I dont like abroad. Seen enough of foreign eating habits to last me another lifetime. I will promise to stay here, but others must promise not to hide in lorries to join me. :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I like it here. I dont like abroad. Seen enough of foreign eating habits to last me another lifetime. I will promise to stay here, but others must promise not to hide in lorries to join me. :)

One day you and yours will come with us to a land of milk and honey where the women are wanton, the beer is always slightly chilled and the curries kill Ghurkas, until that time Skeggy'll have to do.:D

OP
OP
kglblue

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
One day you and yours will come with us to a land of milk and honey where the women are wanton, the beer is always slightly chilled and the curries kill Ghurkas, until that time Skeggy'll have to do.:D

Skegness, Whitby, Robin Hood Bay, proud to be British and a Yorkshireman.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
A British couple arrived at the camperstop here last week with a tag axle motorhome and told us that they stayed overnight at Calais before heading south. Twenty minutes into their journey they heard banging and shouting. They stopped to investigate and an illegal emerged from on top of the axle. They left him there on the motorway and made a quick exit. He obviously realised he wasn't on a ferry and didn't want to go to Spain. So there are still illegals trying to hitch lifts. Be aware.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We popped over for the weekend last sat/sun and on Saturday stopped at Auchan in Calais. We saw a few wandering around and one in particular looking under motorhomes. I shooed him away from ours although we were on our way to Le Crotoy so he may have been disappointed. When we travelled back the UK Customs Guy asked us if we have left the Van unattended and I told him we had checked under and on top and he replied that they they had a couple of attempted stowaways that morning.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Thank god for the English channel ! We are so lucky ?
Came back from trek 2 weeks ago, saw lots of illegals, no problem though.
Phil

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Came back from dunkirk last week & had big problems getting our dog through due to the vet in england not dating his passport eventually with a lot of persausion he was allowed to travel got to dover 7am not a bloody soul in sight the place was in total darkness struggled to get my little dog back home but thousands of bloody imigrants could have just walked in happy travels Rod

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

In some ways it's easier to get benefits if you are illegal.

Arrive UK with no I.D, no passport.
Claim you are at risk if sent home--name any country, no one can prove or disprove you come from there. Common story is family feud, dead fathers family want to murder you.
Claim asylum.
Sign on as you want to work-- you've given one name to the authorities but can sign on in several different towns, under several different names.
It's well organised--- mini bus trips on signing on day, percentage of benefits handed over to organiser.
Told to me by ex employee, at a Midlands benefits office.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
In some ways it's easier to get benefits if you are illegal.
Claim asylum.
Sign on as you want to work-- you've given one name to the authorities but can sign on in several different towns, under several different names.
It's well organised--- mini bus trips on signing on day, percentage of benefits handed over to organiser.
Told to me by ex employee, at a Midlands benefits office.

I can vouch for that Holly, used to be run by Nigerian and Brit gangs, now run by Albanian and Brit gangs.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Has Yorkshire expanded south of the Humber?

I always thought Skeggie was in Lincolnshire :LOL:

Probably Yorkshire trying to assimilate Skeggy................................today Skeggy, tomorrow zee vorld !!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Bribery might work. Shouldn't cost you a lot :LOL:

I like it here as well. (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Skegness, Whitby, Robin Hood Bay, proud to be British and a Yorkshireman.
Nurse, they're out of their beds again :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back