I'll just stop here (1 Viewer)

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
No wonder we get a bad name up North this woman is parking on the road so she can take a picture. This is on the main road from Kyle of Lochalsh it may not be M6 however it is still our main road.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
There's a lay Bye a bit further up the road offering a fantastic view point on the RHS of the road, its so good that even coaches stop there to let the passengers get their box brownies out.
I love that road the A87, great views all the way from Invergarry to the Kyle of Lochalsh, then over the bridge to Skye to get my LPG topped up at the Co Op garage, then back off the island as its probably packed out with Hire Vans, and or Midges.:giggle:
There's a new CL just before the Kyle of Lochalsh, we might try out next time we are up that way, it was mentioned on here, wish the owners the best of luck, I am sure there will be many takers.(y)
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I can see the problem.
She was probably driving along at a good/reasonable speed and decided to stop when she saw the pull-in. If she had someone driving close behind her she wouldn't want to brake sharply but she can see there are some nasty pot holes she has to avoid at the start of the lay-by/pull-in. Consequently she doesn't have a lot of room to pull into the lay-by/pull-in.
Admittedly, I wouldn't have parked with so much hanging over into the road, but she probably thought "it's a quiet road, traffic can see me from a distance and I won't take long" - all those thoughts go through your head, don't they?
I'm trying to play the Devil's Advocate and I'm being kind.

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
No wonder we get a bad name up North this woman is parking on the road so she can take a picture. This is on the main road from Kyle of Lochalsh it may not be M6 however it is still our main road.

she probably could have got in a bit further BUT as chaser there really is no problem & hardly worth getting annoyed about , save that for the real pillocks 😏

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
As far as I can see, she is only about 6 inches into the road, no big deal.
Except the MotorHome (which she may have been a passenger in) is stopped on a clear way (those white lines at the side of the road)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Don't think i would make a very good detective. 1. I didn't see a bicyclist. 2. i didn't see that she was the driver. Maybe bone idle hubby was driving and madam was passenger and he said "get out there woman and take a piccy".
The driver should and could have got off the road a little more
How many times have you missed a good photo opportunity thinking there maybe a lay-by just around the corner?
But only stop if and when safe to do so.

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Seen much worse! From the title I was expecting totally rubbish parking, don’t think I’d write home about this one though.

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
If the first vehicle had slowed down slightly earlier thev4 oncoming cars would have been past before they reached the parked moho so it wouldn't have been an issue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back