ill in hospital (1 Viewer)

N

NORM

Deleted User
Hi all motorhomers i wish i could add some good news but can't,on sunday 19 april
i fell off my roof with my left leg still inbetween the ladder steps and guess what?
snapp my ankle and tibia smashed and broken just imagine a bottle opener and a bottle.
Well i am in my hospital bedtypingthis feeling grogy 6 dayslater all casted fed up:ROFLMAO:
the thing is i amway 26 july fora month in the pyinees in my new motorhome and i am driving looks like thats out of the window now
any ideas thanks all.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Norm, that sounds terrible, I hope that you heal quickly and can get back out in the motorhome ASAP.
Get well soon :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Norm,

this sounds like the HSE should be involved. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

seriously, i hope you recover in time for your trip to the pyrenees (none of us can spell it :RollEyes:).

if they were straight forward breaks, no pins/plates, i would think you have a good chance as you still have nearly 12 weeks to heal.:thumb:
good luck.

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

NORM

Deleted User
hi all its 05.30 laid here in hospital thanks all these replies keeps my spirits up godbless all

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Chin up Norm, just think of that lovely NHS breakfast you will be tucking into shortly. :Eeek: ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
N

NORM

Deleted User
hi again 16.54 nearly tea time vissitors have gone its realy great that you people are out there cheering me up its not called motorhome funfor nothing.
i have had plates and scews and 2 operations this week fingers crossed for july 25.
its nice to come back to this thread and read your replys thank you all for been supportive well here comes my tea lamb and potatoes and sticky toffee pud and custerd yummy yummy talk to you all later bye.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Norm that dinner sounds good ! not your normal stuff ! Lets hope all goes well with the ops you have had and the motorhome gets lots of use.
Take care
Eileen

S

stubon

Deleted User
GET WELL SOON:thumb:

Stuart and Carol

OP
OP
N

NORM

Deleted User
monday 28 april roast beef and yorkshire and chocalate pudd and custard for yesterdays dinner dylin to day sweet and sour chicken and vanilla sponge and custard
the food is ok just want to go home now over a week now.
just keep on:Sad: posting these threads to me it keeps me well talk later bye.:cry:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Norm
Thought you'd treat yourself to a well earned "Break" did you:ROFLMAO:
Get well soon matey but you must give us the full story, fell orf me roof :Doh:just aint enough, we want to know what were you doing up there in the first place. We need a HSE section on the forum how not to behave with a motorhome, :Sad:
Only last year we had someone try to take his leg off with a 9" cutter/grinder doing a bit of diy with his motor:whatthe:
send all our love to the nurses XX:Blush:
Geo

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
Hi Norm,as Geo. says we need chapter and verse as to why you were up on the roof in the first place.As an aside, if you are unable to make your holiday,i will be more than willing to take your new motorhome to Spain or anywhere else that takes my fancy, as long as you leave a big bag of euros under the seat for expenses,beer ,food ,beer, tolls, more beer and the occasional glass of wine.:ROFLMAO:
Joking aside hope you recover soon.:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Wishing you a speedy recovery from both of us. ::bigsmile:

Perlease let's not have an 'elf n safety section on here :Eeek:

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You poor thing, that just sounds and is awful. Thank God for the laptop!! :thumb:

I have got to visit hospital later for a ......wait for it.........stoma open day . I have no idea what they are going to show us.
I am a stoma patient and I can just imagine that they are going to announce the stoma bag of the year, etc. :ROFLMAO:
I want bags with smiley faces or as my 13 year old suggested, a big bum on it. :roflmto:.

Your recovery will go a lot faster if you can see the funny side of things.

Good luck.

Kind regards

Maddie

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Well Norm the food doesn't sound too bad does it ! Any idea when they might let you out ? Its so nice to be back in your own bed I bet you can't wait.
Chin up ::bigsmile:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
HI NORM, SORRY TO HEAR YOUR TALES OF WOE, KEEP SMILING, GET WELL SOON, AND HOPE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR TRIP:Smile:
RUTH

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Norm,

How are you doing ?? still in hospital??? If so, I hope that you can go home soon.
Any nice nurses around ??

My " stoma open day " was.........................ugh, what shall I say, mmmmmmmm.........informative. I was the youngest there and kept a straight face for 15 minutes and then I had to flee. ( no offense to any other stoma user ).

I did put my suggestions forward for the new designs but I don't think that anybody, except the nurses, thought it funny. So I just had to leave.
I just got to paint them on the bags myself. :ROFLMAO:

Keep your chin up.

Kind regards

Maddie

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hiya Norm ... you still in that there hospital? I've just been reading through your posts and now I am extremely hungry! I really fancy some treacle pudding and custard :thumb:

I went to the hospital today for an x-ray. There was a 20 minute-ish delay and I ended up reading a January 2007 edition of the Caravan Club magazine. A magazine that old must have been round every ward of the hospital, I hope it wasn't contagious! :Eeek:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi Norm

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Thought an email over the bank holiday would cheer you up.

We are looking for a motorhome as ours got trashed so we went to the kent show today but it wasnt very good, so dont worry you havent missed much

Wanted to send you a bunch of flowers but I am a new member and have only just figured out how to use the smilies, im not very computer literate.

So just pretend that these smilies are flowers smiling at you xxxxx

:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back