I'le de Re to Calais - aire suggestions please! (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
I'm looking for a bit of inspiration...

We will be leaving I'le de Re next week and need to be at Eurotunnel in the 1st October.

I am looking for suggestions for a 2 to 3 stopovers enroute - simple aires would be fine, but, ideally with some scenery to have a look at once parked up.

I think the route we will take is Poitiers - Tours - Chartres - Rouen - Abbevile (as Via Michelin lists this as the lowest toll costs).

I'm sure you all have some good stopovers - please share!

May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Hi Deanobeano, can we suggest the car park at Chartres. It's free and safe to stay in overnight,we did last month. Easy walk into the city and over the road from an Intermarche with petrol station. There is also a busy campsite which is around the corner from the said car park. Car park is easily found on Park4Night.
Safe trip home

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
There is a free aire at Chateaudun by the river and under the castle walls
5ACFA068-CAE0-454F-A246-B43F3B60F13A.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The Aire at La Maileraye sur Seine about 5 miles west of Rouen. Sit by the side of the Seine and watch the big boats going up and down.

Or the Aire at Honfleur at the mouth of the Seine. Beautiful old town within walking distance.

Sep 29, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
2016 Hymer, Adria
On our return from the Ile last week we stopped at Saint Suzanne,
about three to four hours drive. The aire costs about 8 euros, but you get electric, wifi, water and grey and black waste on a spacious level brand new aire a minute or two walk from the cite medieval where there are shops, restaurants and a medieval quarter to walk around. The next stop was St Valery sur Somme, again about 4 hours drive on, and again a pay aire, but popular because it is a few minutes walk to St Valery, and walks along the town prom next to the river. From St Valery to calais is about an hour.

OP
OP
D
Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for all of your replies - I can feel a plan forming...

I stumbled across this ex municipal site in Dampierre Sue Loire on search for sites.
https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/markerMobile.php?id=4459

Looks like we can cycle into Saumur. I quite fancy visiting the tank museum there.
http://www.museedesblindes.fr/en/

From there probably Chateaudun with Saint Suzanne as plan B.

Then La Maileraye sur Seine before Citie D'Europe overnight before an early(ish) tunnel home to blighty.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We was at Chateaudun this year on the Municipal site which is over the river from the Chateau then first right down to the end, nice site very large pitches and very quite and I think it was 14 Euros a night with lecky.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
If busy at chateaudun try Bonneval just up the road free aire and water , Rugles aire free water plus ehu , Beauvais aire free all good.

Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Dean,
We can recommend the tank museum . Really good :) st valery sur somme is lovely... Le crotoy on the other side of the bay also has an aire. Its closer to the sea , and you can cycled right around the bay to st valery. Quite a way, but flat.
Safe trip.
Rose and Peter

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
On our return from the Ile last week we stopped at Saint Suzanne,
about three to four hours drive. The aire costs about 8 euros, but you get electric, wifi, water and grey and black waste on a spacious level brand new aire a minute or two walk from the cite medieval where there are shops, restaurants and a medieval quarter to walk around. The next stop was St Valery sur Somme, again about 4 hours drive on, and again a pay aire, but popular because it is a few minutes walk to St Valery, and walks along the town prom next to the river. From St Valery to calais is about an hour.
Stayed at Sainte-Suzanne last week and can highly recommend it There is also clean public toilets within 50yards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back