Ile de re campsite (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Can anyone recommend a campsite on Ile de re France, we are off down that way in June for a couple of weeks.

I can google it, but it's nice to hear from someone who has stayed on one.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Can anyone recommend a campsite on Ile de re France, we are off down that way in June for a couple of weeks.

We were recommended Les Varennes at Le Bois Plage en Re, but in the end we decided to stay at Port Punay, Chateillon Plage, just down the coast from Isle de Re, this is where we are at the moment. It is a beautiful camp site 150 meters from the sea. The owners speak excellent English and are really friendly. There are quite a few British couples on site, who came for a couple of nights originally and have returned again and again!

We will certainly return in the future.

Ginny and Michael

S

stagman

Deleted User

Right at the top end of the Island capsite called Village L'Ocean cost us a camping cheque per night in May not sure about June.Either a 4 or 5 star site,with nice clean indoor and outdoor pools.large pitches for your van,with water taps very close to pitch,pub and shop on site ,bike hire,very close to salt marshes,great area for cycling nice and flat with loads of paths leading to the villages through the marshes absolutelly fantastic loved it can't wait to go back.There is also bike hire on site and the staff are very helpfull and friendly.Only thing I can warn you against is not to park too close to the marshes,it looks lovely but the mosquitoes are close by .If you need to know any more please get in touch ,and that goes for anyone reading,:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back