Free Member
Feb 4, 2011
Matlock
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
I’d not looked at these before but saw them at the NEC yesterday.
They look really well built and we were impressed.
Are there any negatives from owners on here?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have a 630RL had a few problems from new but the warranty work was done without any hassle.

As we use it for around six months a year and it has been largely un-breakable.

Very pleased with it and not contemplating anything else.

Would I buy another from this maker - Yes. :D :D (y) (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We have a 630RL and would definitely buy again from IH.
carolyn has just done exactly that and I meet other owners at Malvern who are on their second or third IH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Great vans and really nice people to deal with which makes such a difference. We live in Dorset and they’re in Yorkshire so it’s not exactly on the doorstep but still worth it. We’re off to Spain next week in our brand new IH630RD for 7 weeks, we only picked it up last week. We might come across a few teething problems but if we do we know that an email to Carole will be answered within 24hrs or we can sort it on our return. She is incredibly helpful.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We looked at them 3 years ago, some good ideas but imho the way they brand everything up inside and the way the do the cabinet doors was not to our taste. The cabinet doors looked like self build doors with the hinges visible and the plastic edge strip.

Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Had our 630 RD coming up to a year from new and we can't fault it. The build quality is great. The rear lounge layout suits us and it is great to drive. We would certainly go back for another...but maybe not quite yet.:wondering:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Nice vans but I wish they would concentrate more on winterisation instead of bling, too many IH logos on show
They are extremely expensive as well for a PVC.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Nice vans but I wish they would concentrate more on winterisation instead of bling, too many IH logos on show
Agree Paul lovely fit out, but not enamoured with IH initials on every cupboard door, cushion and even on the front wings outside.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I think the number of repeat customers and the fact that they hold their value well on the second hand market is testament to their quality. We’ve just collected our second , far fewer interior logos on the new model! We’re off to Spain next week. We came back in our last one when the beast from the East hit and the temps were minus 5 in Northern Spain. We weren’t cold but did empty our fresh water and if we were in the habit of that sort of thing would have paid for a heated fresh water tank but that’s all.

Yes you can get much cheaper PVCs but it’s a bit like me comparing my Fiat Panda to to a top end supermini and then wondering why mine is rough around the edges and eveything is cheap and plasticky.

I really am sad so I have just counted, the logo is only on the corner of the two cushions and on three of the door inserts. On the door inserts it is a faint engraving in the corner. When I saw it on the first one on the night of the pick up in the half light I thought it was a fault it was so faint! It was a great relief when Nick spotted the other two. On the old van it was on every door insert and the door inserts were aluminium so very obvious. On ours they are the darker wood like the worktop.

Last edited:
May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We pxed our IH 630 RL for a Vantage Neo and we are very pleased. Better kitchen and bathroom and much warmer with no cold spots. Less fussy interior and I love the compressor fridge. If your looking at IH also check out Vantage they are also hand built in Leeds.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Must admit that I don’t like IH conversions, too much emphasis on making sure that when you are inside you see IH stitched in everywhere or so it seems at the ones we looked at.
The one pictured on here the other day even had the original black front to the van when even converters like Swift at least colour code them to match the van body.
And when they stick a hab door into the sliding door it looks a complete bodge job and so much out of place.
Obviously only my personal opinion.:cool:

OP
OP
N

Nigel Tate

Free Member
Feb 4, 2011
Matlock
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
We pxed our IH 630 RL for a Vantage Neo and we are very pleased. Better kitchen and bathroom and much warmer with no cold spots. Less fussy interior and I love the compressor fridge. If your looking at IH also check out Vantage they are also hand built in Leeds.
Yes, we looked at Vantage as well.. liked the contemporary feel of those

OP
OP
N

Nigel Tate

Free Member
Feb 4, 2011
Matlock
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
Thank you to everybody who posted a reply. Much appreciated. I have to get my head around changing from a 7m coachbuilt to a pvc.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
My Tio is 13 years old a recent purchase I am happy with her(didn't do much research seen it liked it bought) but after visiting the South West show I realised that the internal width was a serious thought as some of the new vans on display, the cupboards appear to be wider negotiating the narrow isle could be a thought . If you have to turn sideways to get from the front to the back each time this could get frustrating.

to6y

Free Member
Mar 12, 2015
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC...probably!
Exp
Post Corona...
Hi Wicketter

I see you have a Vantage, they are on my shortlist (Vantage Sky).

How long have you had it? Any problems? Any advice?

Many thanks in anticipation

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back