If you use Facebook - take a look at this (1 Viewer)

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
This came via a friend who used to be a Crime Prevention adviser. Having looked at my settings, I was surprised how many people unknown to me I had to block.

Time to tighten up our security. Go to settings, and blocking. Type in (without quotation marks) "following me" and a list of unrecognisable foreign names will populate. They can see everything on your page as if a friend. Block them one by one. I had a bunch of them. I didn't think this was possible.
I'm always a little bit skeptical when I see information like this. A friend posted it and I looked and had about 20 people following me. They are blocked now.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Me too thanks

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Try it with "motor home" instead.

All those people will gas you on an aire (y)

"Jingle bells" comes up with a good list too.

Everyone in those results will tell you Santa isn't real :whistle:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I explained this on Facebook to a rugby mate using very different words as examples and still got results :Eeek:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
That and other things about Facebook is why I delete my account and download and then removed all my data from them.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
deleted post...missed nicnics one!?

but he is spot on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I wonder if it is just a glitch in the Facebook search, I checked both mine and the wife's and got exactly the same twenty people all with foreign names. One had a lion as an avatar I bet yours did too.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Sorry but it's complete crap.

All it's doing is using the words "following me" as search terms.

If someone has those characters as part of their name, someone called "MEgan" for example they will appear in the results.

Use more or less any two words you like and you will get results.

It means absolutely nothing. (y)

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/typing-following-facebook-block-list-shows-followers-hoax/

Gee thanks @NickNic - you tell me now AFTER I laboriously blocked lots of melissas & megans!! - and I thought I had hidden admirers!! doh!!:notworthy:

Maybe I should read all the answers before jumping in with both feet!!!:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Gee thanks @NickNic - you tell me now AFTER I laboriously blocked lots of melissas & megans!! - and I thought I had hidden admirers!! doh!!:notworthy:

Maybe I should read all the answers before jumping in with both feet!!!:rolleyes:

You shouldn't have blocked Melissa. She's hot!!! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back