If we have to cancel France...... (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
We have Chunnel and red pennant booked from the 2nd September.If they change the rules again,Will we be able to get refunds on them do you know?

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
No the caravan club will hold the booking so you can rebook.
you will be able to get the red pennant refunded as we did when we couldn’t travel at Easter.
They will call you 2 Weeks before you can’t travel.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Ok shoot me now....It is only my view ...BUT I cannot understand why anybody would be contemplating going abroad during this devasting outbreak of Covid.
For business, very possibly... for recreation and Sun defo not.
😢😢😢😩😩😩

Because it's safer in France? Far less people and much easier to self isolate in a motorhome

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Ok shoot me now....It is only my view ...BUT I cannot understand why anybody would be contemplating going abroad during this devasting outbreak of Covid.
😢😢😢😩😩😩
There are many peeps on this forum who absolutely agree with you. I am one of them. I am utterly baffled by those who are still going. We have cancelled our ferry for the 31st August and our campsite booking. It’s not just about catching the virus, it’s all the other stuff as well.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
There are many peeps on this forum who absolutely agree with you. I am one of them. I am utterly baffled by those who are still going. We have cancelled our ferry for the 31st August and our campsite booking. It’s not just about catching the virus, it’s all the other stuff as well.

Other stuff?
It's really no problem except to fill in a questionnaire online, on your return.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Or bringing it ! Impossible to never be near people and are people sure they have no symptoms but carrying it ? I wonder if they will down load the french tracing app ? I doubt it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Other stuff?
It's really no problem except to fill in a questionnaire online, on your return.
I wouldn't go personally. We have no idea what this virus is going to do next but it's not going away. I don't want to be ill abroad, we tried that last year and it's dire being ill in a country where you don't really speak the language.

I definitely don't want to wear a mask, whenever I go somewhere. I know the regulations differ depending on which country you're in.

I'm not keen on the idea of having a break down at the best of times but it could be potentially tricky at present. Our friends wrote off their motorhome last year, in Spain. They were taken to hospital and were okay but very shaken. They had to book into a hotel and book flights home. It was horrible for them but imagine it happening now. We usually have the Red Pennant insurance, which includes repatriation of the vehicle and the dog. That level of insurance isn't available at present for Spain.

Finally, if I had to come home it could be difficult to get a ferry crossing or tunnel booking. I would also be concerned about getting an appointment with a vet. During lockdown, the vets here were only open for emergencies.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I didn't catch it here in over 4 months and even less likely to catch there.
I can be back here within a day if I do show any symptoms.

I've already spent a month in France and Germany - Scotland for the last two weeks.

Still fit and well thanks

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

I've already spent a month in France and Germany - Scotland for the last two weeks.

So have been tested to be sure you aren’t carrying it ?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We are not going across any time soon but that’s our choice good luck to anyone that decides to go? It’s all down to personal choice and your own risk assessment.
I certainly would not criticise anyone who chooses to go. We are all individuals😊🌞
Enjoy your trips.🌞🌞🌞👍

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Not yet - have you?
No and that is why I am not even going to our local market never mind over to the U.K.
But is you who are a guest in my country so you would be quite within your rights to ask me the same questions should I be visiting your country .
Also to ask me to download the tracing app if you had one .

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》

So you can be back here in one day if you show any symptoms....well that is really reassuring to the sensible people who stayed at home to keep safe and inconsiderates like you are going to run back home as soon as you get it....Thanks for your concern and I hope your fellow countrymen forgive you as they are fed into the fire or lowered 6ft under..
Disgusted..

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
So you can be back here in one day if you show any symptoms....well that is really reassuring to the sensible people who stayed at home to keep safe and inconsiderates like you are going to run back home as soon as you get it....Thanks for your concern and I hope your fellow countrymen forgive you as they are fed into the fire or lowered 6ft under..
Disgusted..

No worries -- you stay safe locked up in the wardrobe. Just like the 66 million other people in this country?
8 people died of yesterday of Corona virus in this country, probably none of them was sensible ---- or me

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
No worries -- you stay safe locked up in the wardrobe. Just like the 66 million other people in this country?
8 people died of yesterday of Corona virus in this country, probably none of them was sensible ---- or me
Just said to Mrs Poppycamper what do you think Stealaway reaction will be and she agreed with me
He will say he is going and he don't give a damn about anybody else so ...I I rest my case . Hope you feel free in your adopted land and don't need NHS after your one day rush back to Blighty.
Right.. time for me and Mrs Poppycamper to go and get locked in the wardrobe fur a bit of rumpy pumpy.
Stealaway ... you may be able to educate us here seeing you like to be In France......What is the French for Rumpy Pumpy. Thanks

Clactonmark

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Clacton Essex
Funster No
MH
Low Profile coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie although i have been caravaning off and on since 1986
Why cancel you will be able to go and probably self isolate for two weeks. We are off on the 26 August no probs!

colyboy
We are also booked on the tunnel on 2nd September, it isn't specially the self isolation for 14 days a problem for us, its if France is added to the no go list, then our travel insurance and more importantly Breakdown cover would be invalid (that's what Nationwide insurance told us.) If the ban would come after we have left then we would be covered but if before the 2nd Sept and we was still to go then it would be invalid, so at present we have everything crossed. Mark

OP
OP
Camper634
Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Why cancel you will be able to go and probably self isolate for two weeks. We are off on the 26 August no probs!

colyboy
We are also booked on the tunnel on 2nd September, it isn't specially the self isolation for 14 days a problem for us, its if France is added to the no go list, then our travel insurance and more importantly Breakdown cover would be invalid (that's what Nationwide insurance told us.) If the ban would come after we have left then we would be covered but if before the 2nd Sept and we was still to go then it would be invalid, so at present we have everything crossed. Mark

That’s my thinking.I mistakenly thought when things opened up it was the beginning of the end.How wrong was I.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000

I have just read the Nationwide conditions relating to Covid. Unless I have misunderstood it it says that there is no change to breakdown and mobile phone insurance, but general travel insurance will only be covered if your journey was booked prior to any FCO advice against travel.
Will someone else read it please as it's bound to read differently if someone picks a different page on the website.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
There is lots of information here.

Trust your gut instinct, if you decide to go, have a fab time! If you decide to stay, have a fab time! :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
😢😢😢😩😩😩
so are people not going out in the UK except for work?
Or bringing it ! Impossible to never be near people and are people
yes quite a few diagnosed on arrival here.pity they don't test at Barajas.
During lockdown, the vets here were only open for emergencies.
but normal here behind locked doors and in France similar.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp

I’ve read this thread with interest - we’d been contemplating just possibly venturing over to France next month, although it’s now looking pretty unlikely - but that comment is just gratuitously offensive! Some people have died after months in hospital, and even those who contract it now may have done so via an asymptomatic (or presymptomatic) household member.

I think Stealaway should apologise. But won’t be holding my breath.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I have just read the Nationwide conditions relating to Covid. Unless I have misunderstood it it says that there is no change to breakdown and mobile phone insurance, but general travel insurance will only be covered if your journey was booked prior to any FCO advice against travel.
Will someone else read it please as it's bound to read differently if someone picks a different page on the website.
My understanding having read the latest information from Nationwide, is that on the basis you don't travel against FCO advice then full cover is in place. However, travelling to a country not on the FCO safe air corridor list then you will not be covered by the policy. The only exception to this, is if you had a holiday pre booked and paid for prior to the 23rd March 2020.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
No and that is why I am not even going to our local market never mind over to the U.K.
But is you who are a guest in my country so you would be quite within your rights to ask me the same questions should I be visiting your country .
Also to ask me to download the tracing app if you had one .
Your issue is with your Government who invited us over.
They have kept the borders open for people (atm)
Their constitution did not allow the Q14 when it "existed"
You get to change those things with a vote in the national elections, if you are able to vote as an immigrant who hasnt taken up french citizenship yet.

I totally agree about the tracing app, I wish they would go further and make it a condition of entry that you had to have your gps location on at all times and be able to show it at the border where you have been for the past fortnight as (has been pointed out) you could say you have been anywhere. I would prefer people to have to prove they have been in a safe country rather than a self declaration of choosing that you have been in a safe country.

Going away has to be the most individual life choice decision. People have had things happen to them or friends that sway the decision in one direction. Others look at the figures and the benefits outweigh the risks to them because they might be more carefree or younger and fitter. Its just personal choice, like voting one way in a referendum to voting another.
As long as it is legal, what is the issue ? Its just a different train of thought.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Your issue is with your Government who invited us over.
They have kept the borders open for people (atm)
Their constitution did not allow the Q14 when it "existed"
You get to change those things with a vote in the national elections, if you are able to vote as an immigrant who hasnt taken up french citizenship yet.

I totally agree about the tracing app, I wish they would go further and make it a condition of entry that you had to have your gps location on at all times and be able to show it at the border where you have been for the past fortnight as (has been pointed out) you could say you have been anywhere. I would prefer people to have to prove they have been in a safe country rather than a self declaration of choosing that you have been in a safe country.

Going away has to be the most individual life choice decision. People have had things happen to them or friends that sway the decision in one direction. Others look at the figures and the benefits outweigh the risks to them because they might be more carefree or younger and fitter. Its just personal choice, like voting one way in a referendum to voting another.
As long as it is legal, what is the issue ? Its just a different train of thought.
Indeed and I agree with you on many points including downloading the app as compulsory for entry .
I think my issue is more with the attitude of , I’m coming here because it is safer without ever thinking they might bring the virus with them . No one has ever said I hope I am not bringing it to your country as you probably have enough of your own ! It’s all about me and my holiday.
Re nationality my dossier was accepted last year so nationality française here I come !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back