If we can do it so can you. (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Well we threw ourselves in at the deep end having only used the campervan for a few weeks since we got it 2 years ago.
We bought it with the intention of taking us & Charlie the dog to Fuertventura for our winters.

Booked the tunnel 26 October not knowing what to expect never been to France not really any plans or directions & no expectation.

Yes we had the odd hiccups lost a full set of keys even left the front windows down overnight
(thought the Eberspacher was on a lot):ROFLMAO:

But we've met lots of great people along the way had a few laughs with no regrets (y)

Now we know what an Aire looks like some good some ok:whistle: but we can find them and make a decision on the spot the campsites in Spain have all been good the roads in France & Spain excellent.

At the moment we're at Estepona in the sunshine killing a few days before moving on elsewhere for another few days before moving to Cadiz for the ferry crossing to Lanzerote for a few days sight seeing then onto Fuerteventura for winter.

Have posted this for anyone worrying can they travel abroad ?
We have it's a doddle (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Really enjoyed reading about and looking at the photos of your travels thanks for sharinand taking the time to post.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John.
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
IMG_3879.JPG

Well that's our first trip abroad in the campervan done (y)

We arrived back home yesterday evening glad to be back home but we had a fantastic time met some lovely people & made some great memories.

Now its time for us to see our 4 great kids their families and our
10 grandchildren.

We have learnt so much about campervaning never had a bad moment in the 6 months away.

We covered 6363 miles on the road caught 4 ferries the tunnel twice & used 189 gallons of diesel (for the Eberspacher heating as well) & roughly averaging 33.7 mpg.

We've got a small list of bits to alter or add to the camper but all in all it all worked fine nothing broke but we have a load of stuff we bought but never used :rolleyes:
Sure our kids will find a use for it :D

Charlie couldn't wait to patrol "His" garden & was soon chasing the wood pigeons off :LOL:

We're planning on chilling at home for a week then off to North Wales & Anglesey to catch up with friends :cool:

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
@StephandJohn a few photos from our first trip also some campsite links
from @mikebeaches
Hi - for some unknown reason, I missed all the pics and details of your trip first time around, but thoroughly enjoyed reading all about it! And recognised many of the places on Fuerteventura - we've been quite a few times over the years - since about 1988 I think. Enjoy a skinny-dip and relaxing in the buff on so many of the beaches on the island... ;) (y)

Thanks for posting. :)

Upvote 0

Sula

Free Member
Sep 29, 2018
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I loved reading about your epic trip. It's so inspiring for us who are just about to embark on campervaning and starting to look at vans. Selling up in the UK. Have a little house in Normandy but plan to meander around France, Spain and where else, who knows! We have been camping in the past but will be complete novices in the van. It's exciting as I love the freedom that I imagine it gives you. The only thing we've decided is that it won't be a coachbuilt as we want a smaller van to be able to park anywhere and something that is going to return a decent mpg. What van do you have? Thanks again for your inspirational trip.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John.
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_2632.JPG
Hi @Sula
Glad you enjoyed our trip we're just packing the van now as we plan to head through the tunnel this Wednesday and head to Fuerteventura again for the winter:cool:
We decided on a pop top as it suited our requirements once we arrived in Fuerteventura easy to park etc.
We had the conversion done at SK Motorhomes at Featherstone to our specifications we opted for the LWB Renault and simply dropped it off with SK who advised us on some important additions heating etc.
Ps we had never even been camping so you're going to have a brilliant adventure whatever you get(y)

Here's a couple of photos during and after the conversion.

Upvote 0

Sula

Free Member
Sep 29, 2018
Funster No
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks very much for that John. Have a good trip. You never know, we might meet you on the road one day! I'm new to this site and everyone appears so friendly and helpful, it's great. Thanks again for taking the time. Look forward to reading more. Bon voyage

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John.
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
That time of year again tunnel booked for this evening tripometer set to zeroāœ…
Just got to fill up.
Plan A.
England-France-Spain-Portugal-Spain-Lanzarote-Fuerteventura:)

IMG_6401.JPG

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Have a great trip John,

I hope you have a nice winter, maybe see you in Fuerteventura in late February

Andy