If something goes missing from your Ducato - look for this (1 Viewer)

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
This company is cheaper and free delivery for ProPlates. I have just ordered a set from them.

http://vanlockstore.co.uk/our-products/proplate/proplate.html

They're not all the same. Not obvious from the pictures in your link what you're getting, but you want the ones with an extended lower edge to the external plate, and an internal steel box that surrounds the lock mechanism.

Trade Van Locks aka ProtectaVan make good ones.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Just need them for ones with a key. So mine needed drivers door and rear door (its a van conversion).

Provided you have factory deadlocks, which all UK spec Sevel vans have, you're correct. Aftermarket van lock suppliers will state that as they are dealing almost universally with UK spec vans.

For the motorhome market, vans supplied to foreign convertors or as conversion cabs have a different factory spec to UK market vehicles and are unlikely to have deadlocks unless specifically ordered from the factory. In that case a PVC will also need them for the keyless doors as the internal mechanism can still be manipulated in the same way - there is no deadlocking to isolate the locks.

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
I have read ,I believe on here, a while ago that fitting these locks can be classed as a modification for your insurance and can invalidate it as any one breaking in will cause more damage to the vehicle.
My van doesn't have dead locks so I use a high tensile wire used for motorbike locking to go through the two front door handles through the steering wheel and the drivers seat mount with a large padlock. This is a very good completely visible deterrent for the would be thief

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And for those with the X244 Ducato (pre 2006ish) can I recommend drilling a small hole, (rivet sized, see below) through the door card and on through the push button lock with the door lock button in the 'down' position. (The hole should be slightly to one side or the other of centre of the Button, there is a steel rod in the middle)
You can then insert the previously mentioned same size rivet through the door card and push button. It dead locks the door making it impossible to open, even with the key. Entry and exit is then via the Hab. Door

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Rig a Henry alarm mine up to the doors that way if opened you will be woken up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back