Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi fordy just came across tinleytech: http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/tt-shop.html 650x220mm toroidal tank holds 61litres gross. £119.95 plus valve £41.25 all plus vat.

So for less than £400 I can buy two and the associated valves/pipework, and they will fit nicely under the rockandroll, and still leave room for me to make an airtight box around them without effecting its action. Which will give me a much more usable 270litres in total. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Hi Olley,
Tinleytech are very helpful.You can't go wrong there.:thumb:

My winter project is to convert the rv to lpg.

Got all the bits.

Just need the weather.Tinleytech are very helpful and I am sure they can sort you out.

Are you doing the work yourself?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi yes its straightforward enough, just sit them under the rockandroll, build an airtight box around them, probably use 12 or 15mm ply for that, with an outside vent and connect into the existing pipework.

Going to upsize some of the existing pipework, always did think that it should have been bigger than 6mm from the fillers to the tanks, and that's what tinley recommend. I am tempted to fit a filler at the front while I am at it as well.

Your going to fit the whole lot yourself, best of luck, can't speak for the electrics side, but the installation looks easy enough. Are you getting the sequential multipoint system? from what I have read its the best.

Olley

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi yes its straightforward enough, just sit them under the rockandroll, build an airtight box around them, probably use 12 or 15mm ply for that, with an outside vent and connect into the existing pipework.

Going to upsize some of the existing pipework, always did think that it should have been bigger than 6mm from the fillers to the tanks, and that's what tinley recommend. I am tempted to fit a filler at the front while I am at it as well.

Your going to fit the whole lot yourself, best of luck, can't speak for the electrics side, but the installation looks easy enough. Are you getting the sequential multipoint system? from what I have read its the best.

Olley

No.I can't fit that to mine.It's a classic with conventional 4 barrel carb.

Straightforward enough.Great big mixer sits on top of carb inlet.

Will have to get it set up and checked for safety certificate afterwards.

Just the size of the tank to site.:roflmto:

You are right.Sequential is the best for you:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp

:Cool: Our old Coachmen was upgraded to 8mm when we had to upgrade the original reducer that had been fitted. You can also get parts from here:-

http://www.lpg-kits.com/index.htm

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks john have stuck it in my favorites list. It will be a few more weeks before I buy any bits, I thought a little project like this would keep me of the streets over the winter. ::bigsmile:

The sill tanks look interesting, less than 10" dia. if a bit expensive. Wonder if they would fit either side of the propshaft? have to crawl underneath and have a measure.

Olley

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
The sill tanks look interesting, less than 10" dia. if a bit expensive. Wonder if they would fit either side of the propshaft? have to crawl underneath and have a measure.

:Cool: I was looking at those kind of places too. It's surprising what you can see when you get underneath and investigate places to put things. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back