If Greece Changes It's Currency What Happens To Their Cost Of Living (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I have Greece on my radar as a potential future visit. The cost of living is quite high compared to some other European countries.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Greece

My question is, if Greece leaves the E.U. and starts to produce it's own currency what will happen to their cost of living, especially for visiting tourists and will there be a shortage of goods like fuel, food & drink etc.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Don't worry....BUSBY,

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think once the dust settles the economy will be fine but the problem will be the potential chaos during the transition. ATMs with no money, fuel shortages, that sort of thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think once the dust settles the economy will be fine but the problem will be the potential chaos during the transition. ATMs with no money, fuel shortages, that sort of thing.

exactly..and if your stuck there in the middle of it................. Well!:(

Have plenty of cash, keep fuel tank full and be prepared to leave quickly overland as you wont get on a ferry! I should think:coffee:

Personally would leave it till the dust settles...EU meetings going on at this moment so things coming to a head as they will probably default on next payment. Newsnight were saying they are going to be offered one last deal but Greeks are saying they need a referendum and this can be organised in a fortnight? Personally think there are more reliable places to visit for the time being....:whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
The Greeks never had a PAYE tax system, national pastime is tax avoidance. They still want to retire at 58, and are punching way above their weight in Europe with the Euro. If I was German I would be livid about bailing them out all the time. They should get back to Drachma and pay their debts. Oh ! just seen a flying pig.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
the pound back down to 1.37 on the strength of these talks:)
my mate paid for his new Hymer last week @1.40, this week would have cost him £600 more.

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back