If being pursued by a police dog (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
If you’re being chased by a police dog; try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little see-saw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They’re trained for that.👍
As Lonnie Donegan sang, on 'My Old Man's A Dustman', 'I say, I say, I say, there's a Police Dog in my dustbin ...'

'How d'ya know it's a Police Dog?'

'It's got a Policeman with him ...' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Remember that the police dog in "get that scroat" mode, won't discriminate. Anything in front of it's teeth becomes fair game, even a fully uniformed police officer :)

Top Tip - stay behind the "operator"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I once had a sniffer dog come up to me and roll over for her belly to be rubbed. I do love dogs and am sure they know ..........

This took place at Carlisle Station and the dog handler just smiled and said they were waiting for a particular train to arrive so the dog was not officially on duty so I could make a fuss of her - which I did. As soon as the dog was "on duty" she totally ignored me I am pleased to say.

When we were in Ireland we were talking to lady with Irish Setters. I said our old dog loved to put her paws on my shoulders for a cuddle and she said her dogs had never done that. Except that was the day that they did! lol I'd love another dog but I know it would not be fair to either he dog or to us. I still think an Irish Setter / Springer Spaniel cross would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Remember that the police dog in "get that scroat" mode, won't discriminate. Anything in front of it's teeth becomes fair game, even a fully uniformed police officer :)

I can confirm that, Police dog took a chunk out of my uniform, missed my right arse cheek by mms whilst searching a burgled building. Dog man didn’t shout his warning loud enough. Cost him a few pints in the station bar.😁

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
Been bitten by police dog, my fault for not sticking the padded sleeve in his face.
Best think is to stand still hands by your side, you should be ok then

Reactions: 68c

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
A couple of times I have been in custody and the WPC has had the buttock of her trousers removed but still had to book their prisoner in.

Some dogs obviously got extra training in order to perform this "trick"

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

I actually had that happen to me I was on a job where a Domestic violence victim ex wife of police officer, was looking after a police German Sheppard GPD as he had failed his induction until he could be re Homed, I was there to upgrade her security unfortunately no one had informed me or the dog he took an instant dislike to me in uniform and lunged at me whilst I was backed up to the wall fortunately she had him on a rope lead and pulled him back but not before he bit my stomach luckily I breathed in quickly and got away with more of a pinch with a couple of punctures, a frightening experience but didn't put me off dogs or the job and all ended up safe and secure.😊

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
When we were in Ireland we were talking to lady with Irish Setters. I said our old dog loved to put her paws on my shoulders for a cuddle and she said her dogs had never done that
We had a beauty of a Red Setter whilst in the RAF. He used to greet you by standing on his hind legs, with his paws on your shoulder..................until the day we came back from the hospital, where we learned that Rita was pregnant. He stopped jumping up at her immediately. 😲 Everyone else was fair game though in his mind. :LOL:

He'd get right upset at anyone wearing overalls, flat caps, and donkey jackets.................oh yes, and RAF Coppers (Snowdrops) wearing camouflage whilst carrying a Sub Machine Gun (SMG), the latter of which bothered me not in the slightest, as the Copper shouldn't have been in our house with the weapon in the first place. What an absolute Richard Head, but what a clever dog. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
During the "Spingbok Tour " of NZ riots (mid to late 70s??) Some genius from the Wellington Uni had a theory, .

It being, that the Police Dog, during training, always wins, and without harm to itself. He thought that if the dog received a good wack on the nut, it would be that shocked, it would back off!

WRONG!!!

Not only did he receive a mauling, he had an even bigger crack across his head, from the Dog Handler, than he had given the dog!!:doh:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The Winter of 71/72, PC Adamson (RIP) along with several others, were surrounding a Jaeger factory in South Leeds waiting for the keyholder to arrival following an alarm activation.
The Dog Handler was there and, as we were waiting for some time, Jeff (PC Adamson) was treating the dog to a game of 'fetch' using his Police Staff.

Eventually the keyholder arrived and opened the factory door.

Jeff stepped into the building and promptly had the arse of his trousers taken out by the dog,

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
A few years back we received a phone from the police asking for a keyholder to open up our yard as they'd had a phone about a noise a neighbouring business had heard.
It was a proper horrible night with sideways rain coming down, and I opened up but couldn't really see much in the darkness, the officers in attendance asked if it would be OK to call the dog handler in, which I confirmed the more the merrier.
The handler arrived with a very young, fresh dog and explained that because of the wet weather he may not be able to pick up a very good scent - anyway they went in but he did very well and found the culprit hiding up a tree and the dog tried to join him!
He was removed from the yard into a van for his own protection as the dog wasn't really interested in letting go 😂

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Three dogs waiting in the Vets
one asks the Jack Russell what are you here for? To be out down l gave the paperboy a bite for teasing me.
what about you ask the JR to the Poodle, the same only l took the ends off the postman’s fingers for rattling the letterbox.
They both look at the German Shepard and ask are you being put down?
No! my owner is a beautiful woman with the most fantastic body and shes always strutting around the house in the nude and it drives me crazy, this morning as she bent over l couldn’t resist and jumped on her from behind wrapping my paws around her breasts!! So you are getting put down they exclaim! No says the German Shepard l am here to get my nails clipped😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Former military dog handlers will be used to tough (i.e. drunk )squaddies saying ‘I’d just pull the dogs front legs apart, that’ll kill him. “
Reply was always, ‘and where is your face when you are doing that mate?’
😆

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Walking back to the Army Apprentice College one evening in the early seventies we were met by a Military Policeman with a dog. "ID Card" he demanded. My mate showed his to the dog, it being the intelligent one of the pair in his opinion. The rather bored MP pointed out that the IRA had made threats and that the dog could not read.....but could remember a face.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Bit on the thigh by a German shepard security dog by accident 25 years ago.
It's no laughing matter. Still have the scars.
Are you sure it wasn't just a few years ago and involved a tree? :oops:

jako999

Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
Many years ago I was at a scene and a drunk man who had nothing to do with it at all came over the police dog obviously didn’t like him as it bit him in the meat and two veg😳😳😳

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Walking back to the Army Apprentice College one evening in the early seventies we were met by a Military Policeman with a dog. "ID Card" he demanded. My mate showed his to the dog, it being the intelligent one of the pair in his opinion. The rather bored MP pointed out that the IRA had made threats and that the dog could not read.....but could remember a face.
Yep, you just couldn’t get enough of those jokes when you were tired and cold….. ‘brains on chains’ etc but knowing your dog was trained to snarl on command kind of brightened the shift.
Best job I’ve ever had!

Reactions: 68c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back