IE7 will no longer display motorhome fun for me (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Motorhome fun now fails to respond to IE7, I just get a message telling me operation aborted. Not sure what I thinkoif firefox yet, I do so hate anything new and having to learn new software. What has suddely changed to make the main site cause a problem. It is the only tab that causes a problem all other sites are fine. The silly thing is on it refuses to find the site no other page will load on that tab. I have to delete it. Had the problem a week now, ran avast antivirus, malwarebytes etc nothing found. Anyone else having a similar problem?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi Roger I have Internet Explore 8 ...have you tried updating it ?

I find Firefox quicker mostly but on odd occasions use IE

ps just a thought have you accidently blocked MH Fun ?

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I tried ie8 and had no end of problems with it so reverted to IE7, I have loaded firefox, but prefer IE7, I know what I am doing with that one. where is the spell checker in Firefox?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
This started happening to me today as well. I thought I'd updates to IE8 but obviously not. I find if I press the back arrow at the top af the page it takes me to where I want to be.
Thought it was something wrong with my computer.

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Just uploaded IE8 and its working fine now.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Since updateing to IE 8 now when I want to log on to Fun it says I have to be directed to another window which I have to click on to before getting on.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I tried ie8 and had no end of problems with it so reverted to IE7, I have loaded firefox, but prefer IE7, I know what I am doing with that one. where is the spell checker in Firefox?

If incorrect spelling it highlights it Roger as norm.... but right click on a word if doubtful of its spelling (shows spell checker ticker then)

Luckily I have had no probs ....now i have done it all will crah etc lolol

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
If its one particular site that you can not get onto the problem is often your router cache. Switch off your computer, unplug your router at the mains, wait a few seconds to allow any static, memory to disperse and then switch it all back on again.

This might resolve the problem

stew

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ok Tried that thanks. I appear to be allowed limited access, 10 -20 accesses actually before receiving the message. Today for the first time I also received the message on another site (the daily trivia quiz), Ebay, still fine as is photobucket and other motorhome sites.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Roger have you cleared your cache and got rid of all your tmp files etc??

Try running this programme..... its free and ok....

this should help

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Be carefull, very carefull of registry cleaners they can cause more harm than good:thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
update

I have deleted cookies, history, internet cache, flushed the DNS, switched off the router to clear any residual memory. Run virus checker, malwarebytes.
Still have a problem that does not occur when using firefox.
This morning using IE7 I managed to surf the site for at least half an hour before being excluded rendering the tab useless.

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
Wildman I thought I'd solved the problem but no... have now installed firefox and it seems to be working fine. I can also access the site through IE8 but tell the machine I still want firefox as my server and it works OK. Only problem onow is Firefox doesn't have any of my favourites on it and all my passwords have gone. luckily I know them all.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Wildman I thought I'd solved the problem but no... have now installed firefox and it seems to be working fine. I can also access the site through IE8 but tell the machine I still want firefox as my server and it works OK. Only problem onow is Firefox doesn't have any of my favourites on it and all my passwords have gone. luckily I know them all.

You can copy your favourites from IE to Firefox, and vice-versa.

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
Without appearing to stupid how do I do that?

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Without appearing to stupid how do I do that?
Unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately - I don't use IE at home, but have to use it at work. So I have a daily increasing number of favourites.
If I remember correctly, somewhere in the top left will be a drop down menu showing something like BACKUP / RESTORE. Obviously you want to backup your FAVOURITES. It saves them as either a csv table, or as live links which you can then IMPORT into Firefox.
In Firefox, go to Bookmarks tab at top, go to Organise Bookmarks, click on the Import and Backup tab, and navigate to where you stored your IE Favourites and Import them.
You did store them somewhere obvious didn't you.....? Desktop is easiest.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Movan also on IE7 and cannot use the site

It is now looking like a site problem as Movan, and Sue1959 are also having problems can you find the answer please Jim. it has to be something you have done recently
[18:52:14] Movan: Roger, please will you let Jim know that I cannot post a reply to any posting, I have lost my New Posts button, and despite removing a load of private messages to about only thirty five, I still cannot send messages i.e. to post about my new email address.. Can you help please .. thank you. It just comes up telling me I am not entitled to etc etc Joy x
End quote

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Unfortunately I cannot help, they must be local issues.:Sad: Both Wildman and sue are OK with the latest browsers and unfortunately Movan has had the same problem for months. Normally if things are wrong, my inbox fill pretty fast. I wish I knew the answer but sadly I don't. I can load the site on 3 different browsers, using half a meg broadband, on a dongle and even on gprs on a phone. As far as I can see the site is running fine.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Both Sue and I are only ok because we switched to Firefox, Joy hopefully is sorted now she has sent the confirmation email. Using firefox is not my first choice I'd rather have IE7 back. I prefer it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just a reminder, if you change your email, you will lose all privileges on the site until you have confirmed it. This is why Joy had permission problems, she is thankfully sorted now:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am getting this problem and I have just put the laptop back to original specs as it was playing up in other ways, back button and I get the page back

Peter

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
That's what I was finding teh back button took you to the right page!

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome back this thread, goodness knows where you have been. I hope it was a good trip. IE7 now been working again for the last two days, now to sort out Google earth. Thanks whomever sorted it, or Damn microsoft for ballsing it up in the first place.

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
Must try it when I get home

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back