Idiots guide to co-ordinates, is there one? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Off to France for the first time next week, taking TT and TT App on Ipad as a back-up.

Never really used co-ordinates but assume they are the most accurate way to get where you want to get rather than French postcodes.

Using Aires/ACSI book and need to be able to use c0-ordinates from both in both Tt`s.

Thanks

Steve

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
As someone who never asked the question and ran foul of the problem recently I believe I can answer your question.
There are two parts to the problem.
1) different books use different conventions
2) sat navs usually have a choice of three different conventions.
the trick is to set the satnav to the convention required for the book being used.
those conventions are
a) Degrees, mins, Seconds i.e. 20 deg 15mins 30sec
b) Decimal degrees i.e. 20.255 deg
c) Decimal mins i.e. 20 degrees 15.5 mins
the camperstop book uses a, all the aires uses b, not sure about the ACSI book but you get the general idea.
In tom tom you change the setting in the general units, seek and ye shall find good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

up4it

Free Member
Sep 7, 2011
Kent
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
February 2011
Hi
The way I find my way around Aires is to download to my device, from tomtom home site the Aire POI its Free,
you can also get Acsi sites and many more the one I use is called Aire de service verifiee.

Then I browse the map on my TT to the area I wish to visit (with Poi box ticked) select an Aire check the address with my Aires book if its got what I want (as some may have moved or closed or maybe just for service).

Then I just click to navigate there, but I also check the TT route with a good map to make sure its the route I wish to go.

Works for me Gus.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back