Idiot Parking!!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
It's like when you go into an empty toilet block to use the toilet, long row of empty cubicles, pick one at the end. Sit down, get ready and then yiu hear someone come in.
Do they pick the cubicle away from yours ?, no some numptys pick the one right next to you.
What is wrong with these people:Smile:
That's when you realise that YOU'VE picked the only cubicle where someone's made a hole in the partition and your new next door neighbour's about to become your new best friend.....:ROFLMAO:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
[HI]OddSocks, as a matter of interest your favorite word appears to be IDIOT, any reason?[/HI]
I
D id
I t
O ne
T ime :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Practice makes perfect

[QUOTE
Being that this car ark was empty, I was just going to back out a little and then drive forwards out of the space. Doing a big loop over all the empty spaces. There was no need for this guy to park so close though. Dumb!

This is only the second time I have been out in my MH, the first one I have owned. I have reversed it probably twice! I figured on a quiet road in an empty car park it wouldn't matter. Ho hum - you live and learn! lol

Yes, it is good to learn! Pardon me if anyone thinks I speak out of turn but I know what I would have done..
On finding the delight of an empty car-park might it be a constructive idea for anybody that lacks confidence in manoeuvering skills, or is not overly familiar with their vehicle, to utilise the opportunity for some reversing practice rather than avoiding what will surely be inevitable one day (or on this occasion later the same day!) :winky:
Happy motoring everybody ::bigsmile:riving2:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
you learn by your mistakes.i have made so many I should be a expert.ah well I can dream.:Eeek::Doh:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Last time for me on a site too!

Long row of outside facing doors at 6am, all slightly open, I pick a middle one, sit and think of something (WD40) usually ,to see what happens.
Then I hear footsteps ,all the way up to one end , back down to me ,kept trying my door:Eeek:
"What Do You Want" !! I shouted, --"oh sorry, thought it was empty":Angry:

"This is the only locked door around here" I say -- so she goes in next door:Angry:

Then I can`t do what needs doing because [HI]I must be alone [/HI]to do it:cry:

Bloody Greta Garbo !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
That's when you realise that YOU'VE picked the only cubicle where someone's made a hole in the partition and your new next door neighbour's about to become your new best friend.....:ROFLMAO:

I read this then I read cruiser likes this underneath and now I am pmsl:ROFLMAO:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I think this particular MH is a foreign one, so possibly more used the continental aire style of parking, but I also think he might have parked there in the hope of some interaction, possibly of a more [HI]friendly[/HI] content

He also appears to be parked a full bays width away, unless the camera angle is deceptive

The idiot got [HI]that [/HI]wrong.:Sad:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
If you've got around four and a half minutes of your life to waste ..........

[ame]http://youtu.be/aNPWfKoczjQ[/ame]

For best quality picture click on the 'cog', bottom right hand side of the Youtube video, and select 720pHD

:france::france::france:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
On a less adventurous note,I was parked in the local Sainsbury's,taking supplies prior to a trip. Some pillock parks so close on my passenger side,that the door couldn't open,I think that this was malicious as the car park was half empty and the bay s/he used was at the end of a row and their wheels were on the bay dividing line. If they really wanted to make it awkward for us they should have parked in the empty bay on the hab door side to prevent us loading up.

Similar thing may have happened to me once - but I may have opened my door as far as it would go and I may have squeezed into the drivers's seat. I may have ended up with a bit of different coloured paint on the edge of my car door. The other driver may have found that his door had some dents where some paint used to be. Maybe. Maybe the other driver may have become a bit more considerate next time and parked within the bays and not in a way that would have stopped others from getting into their own vehicle.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We spent Easter at Cheddar, and very nice it was.
One day we took a drive up the Gorge - fortunately the lovely wardens were allowing motorhomes to park in the coach bays. I reversed in, chucked the wife and dogs out the Hab door, and off we went for a few hours stroll.
On return I hit the central locking key to open all doors, only to hear a breath stopping crunch. Some bellend had parked his people carrier so close and at such an angle to the side that the side step had come out and made two nice gouge marks in his rear quarter panel.
No damage to step, so smile returned to my face.
Then smile turned to a full bellied laugh ...on inspection, it was a rental vehicle. So Mr (or Mrs) bellend is without doubt going to get a charge for their damage. :thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I am a female so what do I know about reversing :ROFLMAO: but looking at the photos I would have reversed out to your left then forward,further down if you wanted to go up the hill if there wasn`t room to turn it completely round do a three point turn.

I have to go in my drive forwards, as hubby backs in and I cannot get out of my door if I back in. I do back in , in car parks, unless I can drive through two places and stop in to the forward one ready to drive out forwards.
It isn't easy when you first have a motor home especially if you haven`t driven a large vehicle before, so I wouldn`t have been so scathing to a newcomer only the second time out, after all we have to learn and especially if one had their first MH decades ago, easy to forget what it was like. So I feel a bit of understanding wouldn`t come amiss.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am a female so what do I know about reversing :ROFLMAO: but looking at the photos I would have reversed out to your left then forward,further down if you wanted to go up the hill if there wasn`t room to turn it completely round do a three point turn.

I have to go in my drive forwards, as hubby backs in and I cannot get out of my door if I back in. I do back in , in car parks, unless I can drive through two places and stop in to the forward one ready to drive out forwards.
It isn't easy when you first have a motor home especially if you haven`t driven a large vehicle before, so I wouldn`t have been so scathing to a newcomer only the second time out, after all we have to learn and especially if one had their first MH decades ago, easy to forget what it was like. So I feel a bit of understanding wouldn`t come amiss.

I think you will find it was the op that was scathing of the other driver, all the other posts were trying to help him

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Two things, both unrelated to the OP's point, but still: firstly, given the number of "wave you miserable so'n'so" posts that appear here, presumably we Funsters would welcome folk parking next to us? Happens even to miserable gits like me - can guarantee that if I park in a public space, by the time I return someone will have snuggled up to me.

And second - it's arguably the same as carrying a bomb on to a plane, as the chance of there being two bombs on board is statistically next to impossible. Because if you park next to a stationary vehicle, that only leaves one side unprotected, and prey to a parking scrape. And if you mange to squeeze in between two vehicles, you're completely safe. Unless you get 'doored' but I reckon that's less likely.

And that is my theory...

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
On the subject of unacceptable behaviour in car parks did any of you shove a Brit Stops leaflet under my windscreen wiper in the Cite Europe car park at Calais on Tuesday 22 April (last week)?

I hope no Funster worthy of the name would consider it.

And if you did, piss off and leave my vehicle alone in future.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I read this then I read cruiser likes this underneath and now I am pmsl:ROFLMAO:
Saints fan (They are all Cruisers apparently.)

[HI]On the subject of unacceptable behaviour in car parks did any of you shove a Brit Stops leaflet under my windscreen wiper in the Cite Europe car park at Calais on Tuesday 22 April (last week)?

I hope no Funster worthy of the name would consider it.

And if you did, piss off and leave my vehicle alone in future[/HI].

Blimey. I didn't but after reading this I'd be tempted to do so. Time to lower your outrage threshold a little?
:Blush:

Me TOO

I'll be posting CC Leaflets next Week:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Blimey. I didn't but after reading this I'd be tempted to do so. Time to lower your outrage threshold a little?

Maybe, but if I'd seen him I'd have been sorely tempted to scrawl my website address on his MH windscreen in marker pen.

Intrusive nuisance marketing - I go on holiday to get away from it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It's like when you go into an empty toilet block to use the toilet, long row of empty cubicles, pick one at the end. Sit down, get ready and then yiu hear someone come in.
Do they pick the cubicle away from yours ?, no some numptys pick the one right next to you.
What is wrong with these people:Smile:
ah the bog stalker!
simple answer is think about it from the other side and give a performance:ROFLMAO:

me, i slide up my sleeve and make the most raucous farting noises on my arm and then grunt and scream loudly, followed by a few more farting noises. they soon evacuate the next door stall and usually the toilet block.

when you step outside turn back and stare at the door and shake your head just like you experienced the same. they can never be sure it was you in there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I remember at Alton towers they used to have sound effects in the toilet cubicles the looks some people gave as you exited were a picture:thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
uote=OddSocks;997312]We are in Devon so we went to Waters Meet because it is a beautiful place to walk by the river and also you can get a coffee and cake and a nice sit down. Most pleasant.

Off season so the car park is almost empty. I pick a bay long enough to park the camper in a single bay, and not across 3.

Then some idiot comes allong in his camper - remember this car park is practically empty - and parks right up next to me!! WTF??? :Doh::Doh::shout::shout:

View attachment 24905

So he parks SO close I am unable to back out and go up the hill like I wanted to because I would have hit his cab. I was unable to back out and go down the hill because he has blocked my view of the road uphill, by parking right up close to me in an empty car park!!! You Bloody Idiot!

View attachment 24904

Seriously what is wrong with people?

I had to have my wife stand out in the middle of the road on traffic duty so she could back me out safely. :Angry:[/quote]
only on way to park thar revers parking WTF :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I do not sit on toilets next to people.saints fans like a bit of fun.thats why we let some teams win.and I am not a windscreen wiper lifter.but I could be tempted with some people.maybe a tiger supporter.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I've lost track - is this the "idiot parking" thread, or "do you use your toilet" one or "Usage"

It's my age, I'm easily confusable ::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I've lost track - is this the "idiot parking" thread, or "do you use your toilet" one or "Usage"

It's my age, I'm easily confusable ::bigsmile:
the thread seems to be more about herd mentality, where people park next to other vehicles in an otherwise empty carpark or use the next stall in the toilet block

but basically its about "shit happens"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back